Jobs In Cape Town 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
A leading Financial Services Company is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join their like-minded, hardworking team of developers. If you are a Java guru and you are looking for a change in you environment, get in touch with me!
If you are a superstar and feel like this is your next best career move, please do not hesitate to reach out. It is a contract position in Cape Town City Centre offering up to R1M per annum cost to company, negotiable based on your superstardom. Contact Zinlee on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 011 463 3633 with ZVH47634 (ref number) and we can discuss this and more opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
- Four to six years of Java using the following technologies:
- JPA / Hibernate
- Web development using MVC (JSF an advantage)
- Maven building and packaging
- JEE (WildFly / EAP)
- Docker basics
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost-effectiveness
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries quickly and effectively.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients
- Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
- Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments. Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution
- Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change/release management process definition) to ensure operational performance
- Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards. Design, code, test and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation
- Minimise system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimisation of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews.
- Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity.
- Maintain maximum system availability by ensuring that incidents are recorded for future reference and adequate root cause analysis is done to eliminate the risk of a recurrence.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies and develop technical and business skills.
- Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities, and identify Information Technology (IT) innovative solutions in a timely manner.
- Supervises the work of other developers. Provides technical assistance to fellow developers and other Information Technology (IT) team members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science
- Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
- Five+ years of experience in programming and system design
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested aplicants should send CV and Cover letter to :
011 463 3633, Zinlee Hosking