PCS Technician: Maintenance - Rio TintoEngineering Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In KwaZulu-Natal 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are looking for a PCS Technician - Maintenance, to support the stable operation of the PCS assets. This includes supervision, planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing PCS level 0 to level 2 automation systems while ensuring minimal downtime.
The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document PCS problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training and support where required. Share in weekend and callout responsibilities. Stay current with changing technology and implement training as directed by the Section Superintendent PCS
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who has sound knowledge, skills and competencies to effectively manage the equipment maintenance of a multi-million rand operating facility. This developed through a combination of practical experience and formal training and can demonstratively apply this knowledge in the workplace. A candidate that is safety driven and consistently looks for new initiatives and ways of working, while preparing the organisation to accept change.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Reporting to the Superintendent PCS you will:
- Maintain, manage and improve safety, health and environmental standards and practices
- Investigate and report near-miss incidents involving, equipment/property damage and personnel injury Ensure the root cause to software application failure is managed and mitigated.
- Ensure all employees are adequately equipped to perform tasks safely as per section 10 of the MH&S Act.
- Update relevant procedures to ensure validity and reliability Continuously identify areas of opportunity to improve and optimise the current levels of PCS availability, reliability and process capabilities.
- Supervise and control the activities, standards of performance and behaviour of designated subordinate staff through the effective use of the performance management system (i.e. one-on-one engagement, career development plans and performance reviews).
- Manage the training and development of staff by using the skills matrix, plant-specific training and career plans to ensure they have the required technical and behavioural skills to meet the business objectives and needs.
- Manage the effective execution of PCS asset management across all facets of the section.
- Apply effective problem-solving techniques to establish root-cause to failure (repeat failures, breakdowns, process instability) and conduct analysis & reporting to management on areas of risk with possible solutions
What you’ll bring
- N3 in Industrial Instrumentation with Trade Test and minimum of 6 years technical experience, or
- N6/S4 National Diploma with 3 years’ experience in controls & instrumentation
- PCS application maintenance and support (PLC , SCADA & PDS) – Intermediate level
- Eligible for ECSA registration – advantageous
- Valid South African Drivers licence
- Minimum of 3 years Working knowledge of Mining and Smelting Process environment
Please attach ALL copies of your qualifications, failure to do so will result in your application being unsuccessful and an automatic regret of your application
Only online applications will be considered
Please note that failure to satisfy all the minimum requirements will lead to your application not being considered.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
No statement of results will be considered.
What we offer
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority.
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions.
- Wellbeing benefits.
- Ongoing individual well-being support for you and your family for personal and professional matters.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.