Reception Supervisor - Clinix Health GroupAdministrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of the position is to plan and coordinate the hospital’s Reception and Admissions function. The incumbent is accountable for ensuring an efficient and time-sensitive admissions process by CHG standards.
Minimum Job responsibilities:
Process: Oversight of Efficient Admissions and Reception process
- Ensure excellent level of customer and patient service across the reception team
- Ensure the hospital’s reception area is fit for operation in respect of amenities
- Check and ensure all admission forms are correct and up to date
- Ensure all Reception and Admissions Protocols and Standard Operating Procedures are understood and adhered to by all reception staff
- Ensure the hospital reception area is safe for staff, customers and patients daily by adhering to CHG health and safety policies
- Ensure reception staff follows correct procedures for admissions
- Develop, implement and monitor all reception systems and controls
- Develop and implement a seamless workflow for the Reception
- Coordinate work with reception staff to ensure the reconciliation of the number of patients admitted to the SAP in-patient list
- Coordinate with reception staff to ensure all daily tasks are completed (i.e., appropriate authorisations for admitted patients, completed eligibility checks, registration of new-born babies with medical schemes and the correct after-hours discharge of patients)
- Ensure non-validation and error messages from validation checks are escalated for follow-ups and issue resolution
- Coordinate the work of porters
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Stakeholder Management: Build good working relationships:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, build sound relationships and ensure good communications
- Engage with doctors and unit managers regarding required documentation, bed allocations and ward movements
- Consistently engage with the Billings and Case Management departments regarding new-born registrations, suspensions or decline of authorisations
- Ensure knowledge and advice is technically accurate and provide stakeholders with relevant information to keep them informed
- Ensure timeous resolution of queries and complaints and take ownership of issues
- Maintain contact with other social service agencies and healthcare providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on the client’s overall situation and progress
People: Coordinate, monitor and supervise the performance of direct reports
- Clearly define goals and objectives and provide direction, coaching and regular feedback
- Ensure performance contracts are implemented and that performance reviews are conducted
- Ensure timesheets, leave, and travel requests are submitted and approved timeously
- Ensure compliance with all HR policies, procedures and standards
- Ensure conflict resolution and respond to any complaints or concerns
- Support skills development and transfer initiatives
- Ensure that all team members are competent to deliver the outputs of their jobs within a specified time after being appointed in the position
- Ensure knowledge transfer among peers
- Ensure all direct reports utilise approved systems
- Roster all staff shifts and manage staff absences
Finance: Reduce costs and waste:
- Monitor costs or expenses to achieve cost efficiencies and reduce waste
- Manage financial risk by ensuring the collection of co-payments and private patient estimates
- Ensure daily engagement with the Finance team regarding banking according to CHG’s cash management standards
- Extend the life of equipment, machinery, PPE and tools through good housekeeping
Reporting: Provide feedback to be used in reports
- Ensure complete, timeous and accurate reporting with appropriate levels of escalation to enable effective decision-making
- Submit feedback to the line manager as requested
- Use systems optimally for data management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- NQF Level 6 (Office Administration / Secretarial Courses)
- 3 years experience in a similar environment
- Previous experience in a hospital is advantageous
- People management experience is advantageous
- Computer Literacy
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.