Senior Developer - Leap29IT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Cape Town 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Senior Developer will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that projects are developed and reach financial close within budget and timeframe.
- Develop and implement wind and/or solar projects from site control stage through to financial close, managing technical, commercial, and financial workstreams
- Ensure timely acquisition of all project rights including permits, consents, land, and leases.
- Lead the development of technical concepts and solutions of the projects, identifies optimal solutions from a technical, commercial and execution perspective including civil, mechanical, and electrical aspects of solar PV and wind plants, interconnection and high-voltage design and yield assessments.
- Lead interactions with local interest groups, landowners, I&APs during EIA processes
- Assist PPA/offtake teams to bid, and secure PPA and assist with related matters.
- Manage the compliance of consent and lease obligations and ensure timely acquisition of all project rights including permits, consents, land & leases.
- Create and maintain strong relations with local communities, landowners, government agencies, NGOs, and other stakeholders
- Leading the project interface between the various work packages (finance, legal, technical, permitting, grid connection, etc.)
- Manage junior developers
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Secure all project permits & consents to enable project progress according to schedule
- Secure acquisition, servitude, and lease agreements of required land parcels
- Ensure communication and engagement of stakeholders to ensure local project support enabling a smooth development process
- Interface with the Off-Take team to drive the Power Purchase Agreement process
- Coordinate with REIPPP & Commercial Bid Manager and/or Senior Business Developer (who will do the bid co-ordination) and be responsible for putting their respective bids together and will have ultimate responsibility for preparing the inputs into the financial model.
- Ensure inputs are updated and have the ultimate responsibility of the financial model.
- Provide project progress reporting to internal stakeholders and shareholders
- Provide budget, risk, and schedule updates within development activities
Skills and Education
- Master's degree in engineering, project management or other relevant field
- 7+ years’ experience working with large renewable energy projects
- Experience from a similar role with the same level of responsibility and tasks
- Strong project management, communication, and relationship skills towards external project stakeholders to ensure project progress
- Leadership skills to be able to manage junior developers
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.