Country Representative - Chemonics InternationalAdministrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In South Africa 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Chemonics seeks Country Representatives for the Power Africa Empower Southern Africa (ESA) Program funded by USAID. ESA is a 5-year regional program that covers South Africa, Lesotho, Eswatini, Botswana, Namibia, Angola, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Madagascar, Comoros and Sao Tome and Principe.
The primary purpose of ESA is to increase the availability of, access to, and use of affordable, reliable, sustainable and clean energy in Southern Africa to reach measurable development outcomes. Measurable development outcomes include economic growth, reducing poverty, improving livelihoods, and increasing inclusive access to electricity-enabled services in such areas as health, education, sanitation, and food security.
This position will play a critical role in overseeing program activities in each country and be based in multiple locations across the Southern Africa Region, including Zambia, Namibia, Botswana, Angola, Mozambique, Malawi, Madagascar, Eswatini, Letsotho, Comoros, and Sao Tome and Pincipe. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people and communities around the world.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Own the development and continuous updating of country strategies that serve as roadmaps for key activities across subsectors and help drive their implementation.
- Liaise with technical objective leads and operational teams to coordinate activities, including scaling up operational footprint by mission buy-ins
- Identify project technical assistance needs, develop suitable scopes of work, and maintain communications with the Pretoria office to deploy technical assistance
- Maintain quality control over all project operations and performance targets, ensuring that deliverables outlined in the contract and work plan are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Ensure that managerial, administrative, and financial procedures comply with USAID policies and procedures
- Identify and establish effective partnerships with in-country stakeholders, including NGOs, utility companies, and private sector stakeholders among others
- Serve as Chemonics’ in-country representative for all ESA activities
- Supervise/facilitate LT staff and short-term consultants working in the country
- Reports to and performs other duties as assigned by the Southern Africa Technical Lead or the Chief of Party
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of management experience implementing on- and off-grid energy programs in Southern Africa
- Prior experience leading USAID/Power Africa programs is strongly preferred
- Experience supporting energy sector, power sector planning, or renewable energy initiatives in one of the countries listed above.
- Proven ability to form collaborative relationships with intergovernmental, government representatives and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead a dynamic team of professionals across large geographies.
- Prior experience effectively managing large, complex activities in the energy sector and achieving performance objectives
- Familiarity promoting gender equality and social inclusion in the energy sector
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with a command of either French or Portuguese a plus
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.