Data Analyst: Hedge Funds - MSCI IncIT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Western Cape 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Your team responsibilities
The Private Capital Solutions Data Operations team is responsible for sourcing, capturing, structuring and assuring the quality of the data that supports the various MSCI analytics products.
What we offer you
- At MSCI we are passionate about what we do, and we are inspired by our purpose – to power better investment decisions. You’ll be part of an industry-leading network of creative, curious, and entrepreneurial pioneers. This is a space where you can challenge yourself, set new standards and perform beyond expectations for yourself, our clients, and our industry.
- Wherever you are located you will find transparent compensation schemes and employee benefits that can help ensure your financial security and health. While they vary by location, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as an MSCI employee.
- Our flexible ways of working will allow you to maximize your potential, and we will empower you with the trust, accountability, and advanced technology to perform at your very best.
- You’ll find a purposeful approach to wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our ‘Here For You’ Employee Assistance Program is available for our employees globally, providing confidential emotional support, and financial and legal advice free of charge.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for the identification, aggregation and reporting of private equity fund transactional data as well as private company characteristics and financial statement metrics. Data is compiled through the examination and analysis of fund manager reporting and other resources.
- Detailed review and analysis of fund financial reporting and various online resources to accurately identify relevant fund and company-level financial data
- Capture, enhance and maintain large volumes of financial data
- Develop an in-depth understanding of fund valuations, capital flows, performance reporting methodologies, financial statement metrics and industry classification standards
- Perform audits and other quality control functions for the content set
- Comply with all data policies, standards and processes
Your skills and experience will help you excel
- Bachelor's degree (Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Information Systems or other related field)
- Postgraduate qualifications advantageous
- 1-2 years work experience in a similar environment preferred
- Detail-oriented, analytical and inquisitive mindset
- Strong numerical ability and excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Highly organized and self-disciplined
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How we’ll support you
- Our culture of high performance and innovation relies on our people sharing their knowledge and lifting each other up. You’ll be surrounded by a collaborative, global network of talented colleagues who will support and inspire you to do the best work of your career.
- We believe new and challenging experiences drive personal growth and innovation. With the right challenges, encouragement, and development support you can shape your own career experience. Career paths are multi-directional, and we encourage and support internal mobility to help you identify new opportunities to progress and take control of your future.
- As a new joiner, you’ll be enrolled on our Global Orientation interactive learning experience to set you up for success.
- Our tailored learning opportunities will enable you to acquire the skills you need at your own pace, choosing between the courses and certifications best suited to you. Our Learning@MSCI platform coupled with access to LinkedIn Learning Pro will provide you with all the resources you need to accelerate your professional growth.
- At MSCI we act in ways that encourage respect for all voices, ensuring that everyone can be themselves and feel like they are a part of the company. We are intentional about ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and supported with equal opportunities to succeed.
- We have eight MSCI Employee Resource Groups: All Abilities, Asian Support Network, Black Leadership Network, Climate Action Network, Hola! MSCI, Pride & Allies, Women in Tech, and Women’s Leadership Forum.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.