Internship: DevOps Engineer - Discovery LimitedIT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Responsible to collaborate with software developers, system operators and other IT staff members to manage system and code releases. Cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing platforms and applications t 99.99% available.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructure solutions
- Build, Manage and Support environments in Azure and AWS cloud
- Deploy updates and fixes via automated pipelines
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Evaluate existing applications and platforms, recommendation and implement alternative solutions for enhancing performance
- Conduct systems tests and manage security, performance, and availability
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations
- Analyse code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation
- Monitor, debug and troubleshoot operational issues, upgrade infrastructure
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Drives Results
- Values Driven
- Learns on the Fly
- Instils Trust
- People Savvy
- Problem Solver
- Manages complexity
- Balances Stakeholders
- Organizational skills
- Strong Ownership qualities
- Ability to assess and prioritize
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A strong passion for customers and technology
- Self-motivated, self-thinker and have the ability to adapt quickly
- Excellent communications skills and good team player
- Strong interpersonal skills specifically with the ability to establish and grow relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Well-developed conflict handling skills
- Willing to learn and develop oneself
Education and Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science or a related IT field
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- UNIX/Linux operating system knowledge
- IP networking
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.