Data Architect: Sandton - Discovery LimitedIT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
In the Discovery Health Data Science unit, our core purpose is “creating intelligence for a healthier tomorrow” by leveraging Discovery’s vast data to drive valuable insights to improve both clinical and operational environments. Key to our purpose is obtaining and structuring quality data, leveraging cutting edge analytical innovations and delivering actionable insights in a sustainable and meaningful way. We leverage an integrated, collaborative, and multidisciplinary approach to ensure our objectives and goals are met.
The role entails architecting the data platform layer, data cleansing layer, reporting and analytical layers. Work closely with Data Scientists to understand model features and link back to transactional environment to understand data quality, data relationships and data availability. Document and define frameworks with the Data Engineer to build the data platform. Together these teams will enable data driven actionable insights. The role may include international exposure with Discovery partnerships.
What you will do
- The successful applicant will be working within a highly specialized and growing team to enable delivery of data and advanced analytics system capability.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide Data Architecture (DA) support for the Data Engineering team
- Define DA for the Data Science teams and participate in review and walk-through sessions for model fit and model producionization
- Assist with the definition of custom meta data models for ELT/ETL
- Direct data automation capabilities with the Data Engineer and Data Scientist
- Profile new data sources in a variety of formats including Json, XML, etc
- Define data quality rules with Data Scientists to clean data
- Define data mapping and transformation rules between source and datawarehouse and data lake
- Work closely with Data Engineer to facilitate Data Governance including access and security control
- Expert documentation of DA for new data sources, metadata and productionized information flow
What skills you will need
Technical skills core:
- Programming in R, Python
- Expert data modelling
- Expert database knowledge in SQL
- Modern datawarehouse design skills
- Exceptional data modelling skills ie physical, dimensional and relational 3N forms
- Experience working on large and complex datasets
- DevOps/DataOps and CI/CD experience
- Strong communicator verbally and in writing
- Strong leader
- A passion for data
- Highly analytical and critical thinker
- Willingness to learn and grow exponentially
- A restless curiosity in learning new technology
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment and balance multiple priorities
- A team player who can work alone when required and without supervision
- High level of attention to detail, resilience, enthusiasm, energy and drive
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ethical and able to maintain confidentiality and manage boundaries
- Aligned to Discovery values and core purpose
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Honours or Master’s degree in BSc Computer Science
- Honours or Master’s degree in Engineering or Software Engineering with solid experience in data mining and machine learning
- Other qualifications will also be considered if accompanied by the relevant experience
- 10 to 15 years of experience is preferred
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.