Jobs In Cape Town 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Amazon Development Centre South Africa is looking for passionate software developers to join us and help to solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed full of opportunities. The Cape Town based Amazon Web Services (AWS) Development Center plays a key role in building the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). EC2 is pioneering cloud computing by providing resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It gives any developer complete control of their computing resources and lets them run on Amazon’s proven computing environment.
The advertised position is within the team responsible for the EC2 customer facing APIs. We focus on achieving high availability, low latency and consistent customer experience at scale. As such, we develop performant, high volume customer facing web services and integrate with many other EC2 service teams. We're involved in almost all feature projects which requires integrating with many different Amazon services, thinking deeply about what makes a good API and working hard to ensure backwards and forward compatibility and consistency. Finally, the EC2 APIs are a critical very-high volume service, and working at scale regularly presents unique and interesting challenges!
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon EC2 presents and about web services in general. Amazon.com offers a demanding, exciting and rewarding experience, with opportunities to work with the world's best computer scientists on some of the most interesting problems.
- Knowledge and appreciation of web standards
- Working knowledge of relational databases and back-end programming
- Strong customer focus
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 8+ years of industry experience in a software development environment
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Python or Ruby
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals
- Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets.
- At least a four year degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience in a Linux environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: