Jobs In Eastern Cape 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To manage all supply chain activities for the Region and to ensure appropriate delivery of goods and services in terms of time, quality, quantity, and cost.
To develop and implement an integrated regional procurement strategy that is aligned with Transnet Property strategic supply management strategy in delivering regional projects.
To provide strategic leadership to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency in the implementation of the practices of sourcing including strategic and tactical sourcing.
To develop strategies relating to the implementation of BBBEE transformation and regional enterprise development, develop contract management strategies to mitigate risk, and provide strategic guidance and support across the Transnet Property regions.
Strategic management of Procurement in the Region:
- Implement a procurement plan to deliver commercial outcomes for the Region:
- Leads regional procurement across all areas of spend within the designated portfolio with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, with year-on-year productivity improvement in the total cost of goods and services procured while maintaining product quality and vendor service levels.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- To ensure that the region’s supply chain function adheres to Transnet’s policies and procedures, through alignment, focusing
on performance management, continuous business improvement, and facilitating development of requisite competencies.
- Scope, resource and manage the delivery of the region’s projects.
- Works together with Sourcing Managers in developing strategies to standardize and streamline the buying process for their respective categories.
- Interacts at a strategic level with Regional Management, etc.
- Oversees all procurement staff involved in supply chain management.
- Facilitates resolution of conflicts with suppliers over delivery and payment issues.
- Compiles procurement demand plans and formulate strategies and tactics to ensure successful implementation.
- Custodian of the regions reporting and performance monitoring;
- Facilitates development of the region’s capabilities from a people perspective;
- Identifies potential bottlenecks in service delivery, formulate plans to manage potential and actual emergencies;
- Conduct training and awareness sessions in all applicable internal and external policies, regulations and laws that impact on supply management and monitor and report on breaches and submit and implement recovery plans.
- To ensure that all the logistics around the management of inventory stores and project materials for the Region are compliant with the relevant policies and procedures, such that operations are standardised and non-compliance is eliminated.
Service delivery management in procurement:
- Ensures optimal execution of processes for the Expediting, Contract Administration, Supplier Data Management, Compliance and Management Reporting functional areas;
- Works closely with Finance to expedite Receiving and Accounts Payable processes;
- Ensures that the level of service is maintained by developing metrics on the number of PO’s handled daily, the accuracy of
the PO’s and the time to order, delivery and payment.
- Initiate proactive and corrective actions as required to ensure service delivery.
- Manage Regional Procurement
- Analyse the regional demand plan to determine the outputs required.
- Determine the human resource requirements, in accordance with the expected deliverables. Determine the required physical
- resources (systems and tools of trade) to enable effective functioning of the regional supply chain management department.
- Analyse benchmarks for similar operations to determine performance indicators for the regional procurement functions.
- Manage the performance of individuals and teams in line with agreed and set targets.
- Create and maintain a climate conducive to performance to ensure that the Department delivers against objectives.
- Monitor and measure the regional procurement function’s performance in accordance with the metrics agreed upon.
- Compile reports on the region’s performance at the required intervals reflecting all relevant statistics.
- Provide feedback to the relevant Team members as and when necessary.
- Manage the region in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Complete management actions within the allocated time frames.
- Management of the Procurement function:
- Monitors functional area adherence to legislation and company policies and procedures;
- Monitors functional area adherence to Safety, Health and Environment programme goals and objectives;
- Co-ordinates the review process to optimise adherence to organisational policies, procedures and standards;
- Co-ordinates the internal and external auditing activities ensuring that audit findings are responded to on time and are resolved.
- Manages Procurement team’s key performance areas by setting and monitoring performance standards, conducting annual reviews with all staff and assuming a mentoring relationship with high-potential professionals; and
- Prepares career development plans; appraises progress and provides coaching to develop Procurement team.
- Communicate the vision and objectives of Supply Chain Management to relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensure close collaboration is established with top regional suppliers and work together closely to resolve operational
- challenges as appropriate.
- Contribute to effective integration between Supply Chain Management and the other components of the Regional Management team;
- Act as the executing officer for the directives, mandates and initiatives set by the TP Division and other bodies and persons in authority;
- Provide regular feedback on progress and highlight or escalate issues and problems immediately as they occur.
- Builds partnerships in the development of opportunities for business value or service enhancement;
- Ensures implementation of supplier development principles;
- Establish professional relationships with local / regional government, business forums and business chambers.
- Capability development
- Drive capability development initiatives for Supply Chain Management within the Region;
- Approve performance measures, ongoing performance management and appraisal for direct reports;
- Approve skills development plans for staff;
- Implement and manage succession planning in the Supply Chain Management function as part of talent management within the Region;
- To lead capability development for sourcing within the Region, by providing focused training initiatives on procurement processes and systems; and
- Drive the values and behaviours required to create a positive motivational culture in Transnet’s iSCM arena, with specific
reference to Regional Supply Chain Management.
- Manage Governance and Reporting
- Develop and continuously review internal controls.
- Develop an internal assurance capacity to ensure critical control points are complied with.
- Develop and continuously review all other company policies and procedures in relation to their implications on the Region.
- Manage related supply risk.
- Review delegation of authority and make recommendations.
- Understand reporting needs for the Region and their audience.
- Identify the relevant role players for the reporting development process and assign responsibility for the development of the
- report within required timelines.
- Ensure that reports are developed by the relevant role players containing all relevant information.
- Quality-check reports to ensure accuracy, relevancy and completeness and apply changes where necessary.
- Distribute reports to the relevant role players for further processing.
- Produce reports in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual corporate governance reports.
- Archive the report for future reference purposes.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 years of relevant experience in large enterprise of which a minimum of 3 years should be in a managerial role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (preferably Business or SCM qualification)
- Hands-on line-management experience of Procurement organisations across preferably in local-based procurement
- PFMA, PPPFA, BBBEE and public sector Procurement experience
- MCIPS certification required
- Problem Solving / Resolution
- Formulates strategies and business plans to achieve the Region’s sourcing direction
- Generates new ideas or solutions by thinking "outside of the box"
- Understands and deals with various business situation using obtained knowledge and a broad spectrum of expertise
- Thinks in a systematic way but is open to new approaches
- Identifies areas of risks and implements corrective actions to mitigate the impact of risks to ensure overall sustainability
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.