Jobs In Gauteng 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Regional Information Services Networking and Communications Strategy.
- Provide tactical and strategic direction regarding networking technologies to business units
- Provide direction, manage and be accountable for the effective operational delivery of Infrastructure - networking Center of Excellence, including management of technical teams and team members.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, other Systems Architects, and software development teams.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, and budgeting, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost-effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Document the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and manage a systems capacity plan.
- Alignment with business partners and vendors and ensure that Sappi is aware
- of, and aligned to, their strategies and product roadmaps
- Develop, document, communicate and enforce a policy for standardising systems and software as necessary
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of an IT-related diploma and MCSE/MCSD or ACNT or relevant Network Certifications
- IT-related degree or equivalent would be advantageous
- 5-8 Years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, and Firewalls.
- Advanced skills in planning, designing and troubleshooting complex network environments
- Experience in designing and implementing enterprise network solutions in data centre and branch office environments including routing, switching and wireless LAN technologies; application networking and delivery technologies (data centre server and global load balancing solutions); WAN, Internet connectivity & related technologies (SD-WAN, MPLS, IPSEC VPN, WAN Optimizers, Rate Limiters, QoS, etc.), Network Monitoring & Management Platforms
- Core expert knowledge of WAN products and solutions (HP, Aruba and Microtek routing protocols and features (MP-BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP etc
- Proficiency in Load Balancing technologies (Citrix, F5 etc.), DNS (Bind, Bluecoat, Umbrella, etc.), Active Directory integration with WAN optimisation (NPS, etc.)
- First-hand knowledge in designing network solutions to enable integration of VMWare, blade, cloud and converged network environments
- Experience in evaluating, designing and implementing multi-vendor global WAN networks for integrated (voice, video, data) traffic using various connectivity means including SD-WAN, MPLS, IPSEC VPN and others.
- Knowledge of perimeter security solutions technologies in the data centre and branch office environments including firewalls, remote access VPNs, IPS/IDS systems and Secure Web Gateway solutions is desirable.
- Strong ability to document processes, procedures and network designs clearly and accurately for distribution to internal teams and customers
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
- Experience with telephony systems and VoIP
- Excellent troubleshooting experience
- Familiarity with legislative requirements and governance standards
- Experience in service management beneficial
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with external vendors and suppliers in the network industry
- Proven project planning and management experience
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.