IT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa : Executive Head : End to End Network Performance and Quality - VodacomIT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2021
Jobs In South Africa 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The HOD: end to end Network Performance and Quality role based within Technology.
Develop and maintain the network performance and quality strategy for the Vodacom South Africa’s entire mobile network.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop key programs to drive visible network performance and customer experience uplift with clear implementable plans.
- Drive the implementation of all key programs geared at improving network performance and quality across all network domains.
- Arrange discussion groups to provide and obtain feedback and input into the strategy, roadmap, guidelines and implementation strategy and plans directly linked to improved performance and network quality.
- Analyze the Business Strategy and Roadmaps of Engineering Business Partners/Associate Companies and Competitors to determine future trends and application of Strategy related to Network optimisation
- Implement, maintain and operate network experience benchmarking programs that will simulate our customer experience and those of our competition.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that Vodacom has the best in class technology insight program that delivers always first, high quality network initiatives, products, network quality and network capability locally and internationally.
- Develop and integrate toolsets to support strategic Network performance Analysis and Performance Evaluation taking advantage of big data, artificial intelligence and taking advantage of machine learning techniques and full automation.
- Development of network traffic and performance metric trending techniques for use in Vodacom, Vodafone and International OpCo’s.
- Design of and support for the traffic-mapping components and investigation into its effectiveness and future enhancement.
- Development of advanced frequency-planning techniques, support to regional operations
- Investigation into alternative methods of network performance analysis and their applicability to Vodacom
- Investigation and recommendation of the most suitable metrics for high level reporting, benchmarking and network performance target determination within Vodacom.
- High level Investigation of complex network performance issues that have bearing on the interworking between separate network technologies.
- Diagnostic support to regional operations and engineering staff regarding end-to-end network performance trends and challenges.
- Principal liason with vendors of network infrastructure regarding the performance analysis capabilities and diagnostics of their equipment - including special investigation of new
- Principal liaison with Vodafone Group regarding Network performance and quality techniques and standards.
- Special assistance and investigation into performance of other networks in the Vodacom and Vodafone Groups (Ghana, DRC, Lesotho), including staff visits and formal reports.
- Recommendation and active performance enhancement through audits, cluster drive testing, statistical analysis and campaigns of special events.
- Manage the timeous issuance of relevant network performance and quality guidance and policies for Vodacom
- Obtain and secure the associated resources to enable implementation the end to end network performance and quality.
- Lead cross-functional teams in technology taking into consideration the requirements for provisioning of the best quality of service to all Vodacom customers.
- Manage the Human Resources of the end to end Network Performance and Quality department.
- Ensure high performing, engaged and driven team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
Qualification & Experience
- Four year degree / Postgraduate in Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- MBA or Management Develop Programme advantageous.
- 10 - 12 Years in the Telecommunication Industry, including at least 6 Years in a Senior Line Management Position;
- 10 Years in GSM- 2G/3G/LTE, WiFi, RFID Networks.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Telecommunication Industry
- Radio Access Technologies – GSM 2G, 3G, LTE, WiFi, etc.
- Experience with managing Radio Access networks engineering, planning and optimization on a national scale
- Project management Methodologies
- General end to end mobile operator networks and processes
- Network architecture
- NGN architectures
- System Integration
- Business Ethics
- Business Processes
- Business Analysis
- Finance Management: Budgeting, forecasting etc.
- PC literate and absolute understanding and application of Radio Access network planning, optimisation and management tools as well as project management tools and techniques
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.