SDG Project Officer - IWMINGO Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Pretoria 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The significant links and interdependencies between the targets of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6 on water and sanitation and those of other goals highlight the central role of water within the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Within SDG6, the SDG6.5 target on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) is particularly well aligned with GWP’s mission. Together with UNEP/DHI, the custodian agency for SDG6.5, the GWP secretariat is currently scoping and designing a multi-year program that would empower GWP country water partnerships in mobilizing implementation action across relevant actors, ministries, and GWP partners – in the context of an ongoing dialogue about the assessment of progress towards SDG6.5 and the other water-related SDG targets and goals. The program will be at the core of the emerging new GWP strategy and is also one of the anchors for thought leadership on IWRM Implementation within country level realities and experiences.
Under the leadership of the SDG Programme Manager, the project officer is responsible for supporting SDG support initiatives being implemented under the SDG6 SP across the five GWP Africa regions (Southern Africa, West Africa, Eastern Africa, Central Africa and the Mediterranean). This role involves project level administrative support to a range of country-level projects and initiatives, cross-country knowledge exchange facilitation and communication. The role will support the SDG programme manager in facilliating closer collaboration with SDG programme and project staff in GWP African regions as well as global SDG6 SP staff at the GWPO Secretariat in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Support implementation of SDG programme the ground operational support
- Support programme coordination of the pan-African implementation of SDG6 SP, including the provision of adminsitave support to each of the five GWP Regional Water Partnerships
- Assit provision of support to RWPs and staff responsible for country-level programme implementation in GWP’s Country Water Partnerships (CWPs) in Africa when necessary on SDG 6 SP and strengthening capacity of CWPs on the SDG SP objectives and methodology
- Support operational linkages of the SDG6 SP within the overall GWP Africa Water Investment Programme (AIP) framework, including AIP sub-programmmes on Climate resilience (WACDEP, IDMP and APFM), and transboundary water management and others
- Administrative support to ensure synergies and potential collaboration opportunities between the SDG6 SP and other external African SDG-related programmes and initiatives coordinated by actors such as UN Agencies, bilateral and multilateral funding agencies and knowledge partners at different levels, including efforts on integrated monitoring of SDG 6
- Asssit the identification and development of new SDG6 SP projects and initiatives
- Track and develop data on SDG 6 related institutions, programs and activities in countries active within the SDG6 SP (current and potential)
- Capturing key lessons emerging from the SDG6 SP in Africa as contribution to the global knowledge and learning system on SDGs and IWRM
- Curate relevant external knowledge on the SDGs to support the implementation of country interventions and RWP capacity to contribute to regional SDG dialogues and processes
- Support knowledge transfer activities between participating countries and the African RWPs, including through the use of collaborative communication tools and social media to promote south-south knowledge exchanges and information sharing
- Support GWP global and regional communications teams on SDG advocacy campaigns
- Relevant post-graduate university degree water related filed(MSc degree) in hydrology, engineering or topic relevant for natural resources management and environment
- Minimum 4 years experience within or interfacing with the water community
- Experience in data base management,GIS, analytical tools for indicators an adavantage
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with water related SDG indicators
- Strong research skills, spreadsheet, spartial data base management skills
- Exellent inter personal skills and ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Strong communication and writing skills
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.