Programme Officer - IWMINGO Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Pretoria 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Programme officer will be tasked with providing support to implementation of the AIP Transboundary Water and Environment project portfolio. The Programme Officer will work under the guidance of the Programme Manager for Transboundary Water and Environment and as a team member of the GWPSA/Africa Coordination Unit. S/he will also provide support to AIP and other program areas that require knowledge management and implementation.
Specific duties will include:
- Programme Implementation
- Support the management and support to AIP Africa Transboundary Water
- Assist in implementation of AIP - PIDA Water, SADC Transboundary programmes and others
- Promote a Gender Transformative approach in implementation of the Transboundary Water and Environment Programme
- Assist in preparation of project concept notes, project proposals, project reports and reporting in accordance with signed grant agreements
- Prepare high quality project outputs and development of associated knowledge materials
- Ensure linkages to the NEXUS and climate resilience programmes
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Support implementation of M & E plans and reports for GWPSA/CU and GWPO
- Participate in Transboundary Water and Environment programme management meetings to plan and report to project partners on project implementation
- Provide administrative support to implementation and ensure synergies with other thematic programmes-WACDEP, NEXUS, Urban, SDGs and others
- Develop and publish knowledge products and think pieces to communicate the key policy issues from the AIP Transboundary Water and Environment Programme
- Support the development and implementation of the GWP Country programmes as required
- Support liaison and operational support to Country Water Partnerships
- Support GWPSA in project committee meetings as required
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant post-graduate university degree, MSc degree water resources, IWRM, water engineering, environment, hydrology or natural resources management
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in transboundary water and environment
- Experience in programme/project administration, management and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination and reporting
- Knowledge of transboundary water initiatives and transboundary river basin organisations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Prior experience of working with GWP partners at regional and country level desirable
- Excellent English communication skills. Ability to communicate in French an advantage.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.