Jobs In Pretoria 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Regional Finance Officer assists GWPSA in managing the delivery of specialist finance services for GWP-SA and the Africa Coordination Unit to ensure credible, efficient and effective regional network management and operations. The Regional Finance Officer engages at entry level on institutional and operational financial matters for Pan-African, SADC region and national levels. The Officer should develop and maintain positive working relationships with GWPSA staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of budget forecasts and their revision during project implementation
- Ensuring smooth day to day accounting functions, accurate expenditure,
- Record keeping and reporting,
- Receiving and checking expenditure receipts and reconciliations from staff, Country Water Partnerships, Partners, Steering Committee members, Regional Technical Committee members;
- Office Procurements
- Updates cashbooks and GWPSA accounts;
- Raising Journals
- Raising Payment Vouchers and timely processing
- Development and maintenance of an efficient and effective filing of all financial accounts,
- Prepares monthly expense statements and ensures correct project budget lines used and expenditure within budget;
- Liaison person with Host Institution on payment follow up and updates on progress
- Follow up on reports from CWP
- Provide capacity building training to CWPs and Partners in the region
- Managing petty cash and bank advance reconciliations
- Monthly bank, debtors and creditor reconciliations.
- Maintenance of monthly telephone analysis.
- Doing bank charge analysis.
- Managing Outputs deadlines.
- Producing quarterly reports and donor reports
- Producing Weekly Expenditure updates
- Development, maintenance of an efficient effective filing of all admin documents and contracts.
- Audit preparation
- Any other duties assigned by the Finance and Admin Manager
Qualifications, Qualities, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- An appropriate university degree or equivalent professional qualification in financial accounting and management,
- Computer literacy in financial accounting software and systems (Pastel and NAV a must) and spreadsheets, and use of internet and online communication tools
- Excellent knowledge of relevant GWPSA/GWPO and IWMI administrative and operating protocols and policies;
- An understanding of natural resources management and development issues in Africa
- Must have a very good service approach and service management; very good personal organization and priority setting as well as meeting deadlines; excellent skills in leading and managing people and takes accountability for his service.
- Teamwork skills: the Intern must be able to maintain a positive, co-operative relationship with Partners, clients and with the members of the different GWPSA governance structures (GWPSA SC, RTEC and Secretariat and CWPs) and have demonstrated a willingness to assist others in time of need; contributes to team and Partners; reliable and has the capacity to both deliver and receive criticism constructively, and provides effective feedback. Effective and transparent approach to sharing information
- Interpersonal skills and communication: the officer requires skills of applying tact and courtesy and must be fluent, succinct and clear in communication – ensuring no misunderstanding
- Ability to deal with discretion on sensitive issues and to respond positively to challenges. Maintaining all confidentiality at all cost.
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results with limited supervision
- Ability to work independently and to take direction from others where needed.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Flexibility in fast paced environment of ambiguity, rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines; and ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- A willingness to work nonstandard hours and/or occasional weekends
- Be willing to travel internationally – when necessary
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.