Administrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa : Staff Officer, Office of the Provincial Head - SAPSAdministrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa 2021
Jobs In South Africa 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST: Staff Officer (Captain)
LOCATION: Office of the Provincial Head: Provincial Office, Eastern Cape & Mpumalanga
LEVEL OF REMUNERATION: Band C: R370 908 per annum
- Provide management control on administrative functions and services in the Office of the Provincial Head: DPCI to ensure the maintaining of good organisational systems on document management, document movement is aligned with Registry and Archive system, Secretarial and other services and
- functions are properly organised and applied and commitments are professionally attended to;
- Manage stakeholder consultations and recording of decisions in ensuring that: consultants are properly organised for information management and properly recorded, proper record keeping of decisions taken.
- Undertake quality control of reporting, document control and information management of the office.
- Manage and supervise the performance and other HR practices of the secretary and administrative support personnel at the office of Provincial Head: DPCI;
- Execute administrative task which support and assist the Provincial Head: DPCI,
- Arrange traveling and subsistence allowance for the Provincial Head: DPCI;
- Manage and utilise all resources allocated to the immediate post environment in accordance with the relevant directives and legislation.\
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Applicant must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and a relevant (to the post) three year Diploma/Degree registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level;
- Be proficient in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
- Must be a South African citizen;
- Must have no previous criminal/departmental convictions or criminal or departmental cases pending;
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening;
- Be in possession of at least a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence;
- Relevant courses in the field of the post may be an advantage;
- Must not have tattoos which will be visible when wearing summer uniform.
An applicable three (3) year Diploma/ Degree registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level in Public Management/ Office Management/ Secretarial/ Business Management or other related field of study and have two (2) years relevant experience in the field of the post of which one (1) year should be on supervisory level.
- Only the official application form (for salary level 1-12) which will be available at all SAPS Offices, Stations and may also be downloaded on the SAPS website will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to; failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant's ID document, motor vehicle driver's licence, all educational qualifications obtained together with academic records must be attached to each application.
- Applicants will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to a medical assessment by a medical practitioner as determined by SAPS prescripts.
- It is the responsibility of the applicants to submit applications timeously to the correct postal/physical/email address as provided below. Failure to which the applications would not be considered.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- The closing date for all applications is 02 April 2021. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview and such candidates may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- Candidates short-listed for appointment to certain identified posts will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the children's Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register of Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to the post.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Application forms may be posted or hand delivered to the following addresses:
Private Bag X9037
Hand delivered to:
Cnr Buxton and Oxford Street, Old Allied Building
Enquiries/applications can be directed/emailed to:
Lieutenant Colonel Hastings and Captain Batyi
Telephone number: (043) 709 0524 / 0527 / 0539
Email: [email protected]