Jobs In Cape Town 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
We seek a dynamic and proactive BI Analyst/Developer to join our team. This person must be passionate about data, information and assist in presenting IT to best support business processes and decisions.
The company is on a journey to replace legacy ERP systems and as part of that journey to implement Qlik Sense and give our business users world class reporting and analytical capabilities.
This role requires strong skills in the following applications:
- Qlikview or Qlik Sense
- Writing queries in Oracle/SQL (advantageous)
Key Accountabilities of the Role:
- Be the translator between the business and IT
- Understand the report to be written; what it represents and how the business uses it
- Ability to translate business data requirements into data models and dashboards
- Ability to analyse the “as is” business architectures, to identify any issues, opportunities
- Participating in design and planning sessions
- Testing and deployment of new development
Key experience and skills required for the role:
- Completed a tertiary qualification in an Information Systems or Analysis related field.
- At least 5 years’ BI experience in a technology solution delivery environment is essential (Preference will be given to candidates with retail experience.
- Solid BI skills (SQL Server), Business Analysis, Planning or Data Modelling (Qlikview or Qlik Sense) essential.
- Experience with MS SQL or other analytical insight software combined with a good understanding of SQL or relationship databases.
- Solid experience in requirements, analysis, design and reporting
- Good practical experience in BI and able to perform Data Analysis is essential to this role
- Experience in other IT roles (e.g. software development) would be very advantageous
- Good presentation, facilitation and excellent documentation skills is critical to this role
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Run multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to change easily
- Be solutions orientated
- Constantly thinking of the bigger picture and how to simplify and streamline interdepartmental processes and relationships (process improvement)
- Can hit the ground running and deliver successful results
- Passionate about quality and customer service and exceeding expectations
- The ability to apply analytical thought, skills and tools to business challenges
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: