Jobs In Gauteng 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The incumbent will be responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or group of patients. The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patient needs. The Registered Nurse is a role model in the delivery of evidence based care. The registered Nurse will actively participate in Clinical Governance.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Practice patient care according to the Scope of Practice and assume total responsibility for these activities
- Contribute to the holistic care of patients
- Attend handover of report at shift commencement
- Communicate effectively with patients regarding their care
- Promote patient of health and wellbeing
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Practice the principles of infection prevention and all Standard precautions
- Promote and maintain good public relations with patients, relatives and visitors
- Execute all procedures according to hospital standards
- Refer all complaints from patients and doctors to sister-in-charge of the unit
- Carry out all departmental duties as assigned by supervisors
- Provide and supervise the delivery of evidence based nursing care
- Ensure that all patients have an appropriate nursing care plan
- Communicate with Health Care Practitioners regarding any change in health status
- Administer and store medication in accordance with the Netcare policy.
- Perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Unit Manager or senior member of staff.
- Participate in ward/units quality improvement programme
- Effective risk prevention and management
- Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards
- Adhere to the Netcare Resuscitation and Reanimation policy
- Adhere to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act
- Report and act upon potential/actual risks identified
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment
- Report equipment needing repair or replacement
- Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all timesWork effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal
- Manage acuity and skill mix to ensure appropriate level of care
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures
- Assumes responsibility for own personal and professional development
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining competence in CPR
- Keep abreast of current research in the discipline
- Mentoring and supervision of junior healthcare providers and support staff
- Facilitation of a learning environment
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse/ Midwife or equivalent NQF 7 qualification .
- Relevant qualification within a specialist area
- Relevant experience in the nursing discipline
- Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation
The ability to set high standards of performance for self and others, and assuming the overall responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to
Closing date: 25th May 2020
Please note that reference checks for internal applicants will be conducted with the current and past Netcare direct line managers of the applicant and the relevant Divisional HR Managers. Employees are therefore encouraged to discuss internal job applications with their direct line manager to ensure that the
line manager is aware of the application.
The terms and conditions of employment relating to the function which you have applied for will be based on those that exist in the Division within which you will be employed.
In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual’s ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful). Please note that your
information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will not be used for
any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
If your application is not successful, we retain your CV and other information provided for a period of 6 months after which it will be destroyed in a secure manner. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately
destroy your personal information in a secure manner.