Administrative / Secretarial Jobs In Cape Town : Clickatell Job Vacancy For Senior Manager - IT ServicesAdministrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa 2021
Jobs In Cape Town 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Where you can make a difference:
Clickatell is the technology company that enables brands to delight their customers with innovative, customer-centric solutions, giving them more time for what really matters.
As IT Manager, you have a very big responsibility toward the business in terms of:
a) Protecting personal information
b) Ensuring an optimal level of productivity for all staff in terms of the IT services and systems they use
c) Ensuring visibility in terms of performance of all IT systems, services and teams
Clickatell invests in getting the right team onboard but it then is up to the IT services to ensure that the full potential of each individual is reached by equipping them with the right tools to do the job.
To do this, it is critical that IT systems and software are well architected, well maintained and well monitored. It is also important to provide these services to all staff in all offices – always being cognisant of staff in other locations having an even higher demand for effective IT Services support.
This role is specifically designed to improve Clickatell’s IT division in terms of participating in the setting of strategy and ensuring execution and maintaining security and data protection.
The role of our Champion:
IT Project Management
The IT project management responsibility is to oversee IT initiatives to ensure that all technology-related projects run smoothly and align with overall company strategy.
Application Development & Support
The application development and support responsibility is to define application architecture and develop programs and systems to meet business needs/ requirements that are defined by the systems analysis team. (ie. Sharepoint, Salesforce, Jira, etc)
User Support & Services
The user support and services (commonly referred to as IT support or tech support) responsibilities are to provide technology assistance to internal customers (the company’s employees) and to support and maintain all IT systems and services used by the business. (This includes all offices and offer a more focused, improved support service.)
The IT procurement function is responsible for the purchasing of technology-related assets and analyzing the point at which hardware/software should be replaced, based on total cost of ownership (TCO) and capabilities/ features. (All procurement will be centralized)
The systems analysis responsibilities are to work with end users, stakeholders and customers to understand business needs and develop requirements and specifications for systems and applications. (This is a planning team to architecturally solve problems.)
IT Security, policy and process
The IT security responsibilities are defining, communicating and enforcing technology-related policies, standards and procedures. (Big focus on centralized user management and data protection initiatives)
Monitoring & Controls
The Monitoring and Controls responsibilities are to implement monitoring systems that report on uptime and performance of IT systems and will include built-in control mechanisms for automated alerting.
Managerial / Admin Responsibilities
- Implement a Clickatell Group IT strategy aligned with company goals.
- Manage the entire staff compliment of the IT services division
- Conduct annual assessments of the IT Services division’s structure
- Assist with skills and career development of IT Services division.
- Manage escalated queries, concerns, expectations or communications.
- Foster a department and company culture within the department
- Mentor and coach the IT Services staff.
- Contribute on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to the IT Services department budgeting process.
- Team building, supervision, morale building, motivation and encouraging creativity and innovation.
- Contribute to planning and policy formulation of the IT Services department.
- Lead IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance on a quarterly basis and having 1-on-1 meetings at least once per month
- Implement and maintain industry standard policies related to IT services and/or policies recommended by your manager.
- Draft a monthly and quarterly IT Services report to provide feedback on key metric and key topics (including security and compliance related items)
- Act as the point of contact between the executive and internal/external clients
- Assess compliance of all IT services in terms of legislative compliance requirements
- Implement and improve processes and management tools to ensure compliance
- Drive compliance standards of al IT services
- Ensure data management compliance in terms of IT services and data under the control of the IT department
The Capabilities of our Champion:
- Have a strong understanding of business and personal ethics be prepared to support an environment based on accountability and have sufficient technical credibility.
- Ability to contribute to strategic planning and direction of department.
- Ability to manage diversity and change within a dynamic environment.
- Have the capacity to manage external relations including influencing, negotiating, presenting and conflict management.
- Have the ability to implement logical thinking and processing to suggestion solutions and improvements
- Have the ability to apply troubleshooting expertise
- Have strong communication skills
- Have a working knowledge of IT operating systems, particularly Microsoft & Mac infrastructure
- Have hands-on experience of installing IT hardware and software
- Have good organisational skills
- Have good time management
- Have experienced and the ability to draft and manage budgets
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours when circumstances dictate
Our Champions journey so far:
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with Microsoft systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience troubleshooting hardware and/or software.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a team.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in actively participating in setting strategy and doing senior management reporting is essential
- Minimum 2 years focused, advanced IT security experience is essential
- MCSE or similar qualification, preferably in Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and/or Windows Server (DNS, DHCP, AD, GPO, Radius)
- Windows OS and/or network qualification.
- A+, N+, I-NET+ or other advantageous.
- ITIL Foundations advantageous.
- Exposure to COBIT framework advantageous.
- Solid IP networking experience and understanding.
- Proven sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Ability to communicate professionally, manage expectations and prioritize effectively.
- Any IT-related qualifications beyond requirements advantageous.
- Direct MS AD and Exchange experience in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with enterprise data management and/or backup tools (or procedures) advantageous.
- Practical knowledge and experience within virtual environments (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.) preferred.
- Commercial experience with UNIX, Linux or derivatives advantageous.
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, assertive nature, willingness to learn.
- Practical and advance experience with Jira preferred.
- Practical and advance experience with PBX / MS Teams essential
- Data privacy and data management experience is essential
CONTINUE READING BELOW