Asset Recoveries Officer - NedbankBanking Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Johannesburg 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To manage different portfolios internally and externally within the legal fraternity; assist clients with rehabilitation options; general queries and perform general administration duties to minimise risk; maximise recoveries and protect the Bank's interest.
- Minimise expenses by managing operational budgets within targets.
- Support decision-making by gathering and analysing various forms and levels of information.
- Act as a trusted advisor and drive the creation of business values through the alignment of the offering to business requirements.
- Ensure effective management of milestones by adhering to set litigation timelines.
- Maximise recoveries and minimise impairments by offering and monitoring rehabilitation options.
- Manage exceptions through relevant actions within expected timeframes.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal e.g. team and other business units and external stakeholders through ongoing engagement and communication.
- Educate clients by advising them of available rehabilitation options, benefits and/or consequences.
Job Responsibilities continued
- Ensure highly professional client experience by maintaining transparent and fair processes in line with Nedbank values when dealing with clients.
- Ensure that the milestones are prioritised and planned to mitigate risk in ageing matters by adhering to service level agreement timelines.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure the effective development and utilisation of resources through the use of cost-effective recovery means.
- Ensure competitive litigation practices across the nominated attorney panel to which the unit subscribes by maintaining and improving professional and ethical reputation within the confines of the legal recovery industry.
- Manage risk and maintain operational efficiencies by following the relevant prescribed processes and policies.
- Ensure that support from group/retail divisions is optimised through regular communication.
- Contribute to building and maintaining Nedbank's image by identifying potential reputational risks and reporting accordingly.
- Contribute to the creation of a compelling cost-to-benefit legal recovery philosophy by integrating and aligning with specific business units to effectively mitigate loss severity.
Job responsibilities continued
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impact on role by reading the relevant newsletters, and websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank Vision and Values by demonstrating the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Ensure that own contribution and participation contribute to the achievement of team goals.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure knowledge management, continuity and team success through constructive participation in a diverse team and sharing knowledge with team.
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. training/awareness on digital forensic examination to external parties on pro bono basis).
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance processes by identifying and recommending improvements to tools, policies and procedures to add value to Nedbank.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Diploma: Paralegal Studies , AIPSA
Minimum Experience Level
- 2 - 5 years of banking/collections
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking procedures
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Cluster-Specific Operational Knowledge
- Continuous Learning
- Stress Tolerance
- Work Standards
- Managing Work
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.