Security Officer - Thorburn Security SolutionsSecurity / Law Enforcement Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In South Africa 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Thorburn Security is looking for some highly motivated employees to serve as Security Officers to secure premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, and equipment, and controlling access points entrance & egress.
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity and become more successful. We take responsibility for our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business.
Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customer's non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Protect employees of the customer, visitors, buildings, and movable Assets
- Conduct regular patrolling of the property
- Monitor surveillance equipment
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Inspect the plant, buildings & movable equipment
- Control access points; permitting entrance & egress
- Use sounding alarms and other related devices to mobilise for assistance when it is essential
- Report irregularities inform violators of policy and procedures & restrain trespassers Control traffic by directing drivers
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures
- Ensure that the equipment under own use is in working condition through preventative maintenance
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors and the premises
- Provide excellent customer service Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Remain in compliance with local, provincial and national government regulations
- Respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations
Skills and Competencies
- Verbal & written Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Surveillance Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Risk identification
- Application of security processes
- Basic knowledge of Emergency Management (Fire Inspection Procedures, Bomb threat)
- Evacuation procedure
- South African security legislation
- Safety Management
- Health and Safety Act & COIDA
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Grade 11/12 or an equivalent qualification
- PSIRA registration
- Driver’s license an added advantage
- Firearm competency (business use) and advantage
- A clear criminal record
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.