Graduate Trainee: BI Developer at Coca-Cola Beverages South AfricaGraduate Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In South Africa 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Coca Cola Peninsula Beverages is an independent bottling company that manufactures and distributes products of The Coca-Cola Company within the Western and Northern Cape. We take pride in the knowledge that our company is a great place to work and that we have been recognised and certified as a Top Employer in South Africa by the Top Employers Institute.
Inspired by the motto that ‘people are valuable in direct proportion to their ability to work in harmony with other people’ and driven by a performance culture, we work hard to create a work environment in which people are number one. Fairness, Accountability, Continuous improvement and Teamwork (FACT) are the values that guide us in our efforts to achieve this.
As part of our ongoing commitment to continuous improvement, Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages offers one deserving graduate the opportunity to join the company on a 12-month internship to learn about the business, gain industry exposure and helping to grow their knowledge and skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
As a graduate, you will work directly with the Business Intelligence team to bring business reporting and integration requirement to life. You will play a key role in transforming raw data into insightful to support informed decision-making within the organisation. Your role involves participating in the extract, transform and load process of different data sources, development, testing and maintianing the upkeep of business intelligence solutions.
Data Extraction and Transformation:
- Extract, clean, and transform data from various sources for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Develop and implement ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes to ensure data accuracy and reliability.
- Use programming languages such as Python, Java, or any other to develop and maintain data engineering applications and scripts.
- Knowledge of API management
- Work with relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, SSIS ,SSMS,SSRS) to manage and manipulate large datasets.
- Design and optimise database structures to enhance performance and efficiency (Indexing and Stored Procedures)
- Work with relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, SQL) to manage and manipulate large datasets.
- Design and implement data models/derived views that facilitate the creation of insightful analytics and reporting.
- Design and optimize database structures to enhance performance and efficiency (Indexing and Stored Procedures)
Troubleshooting and Support:
- Identify and resolve data-related issues in a timely manner.
- Provide support to end-users and assist with troubleshooting BI tool-related problems.
- Maintenance of BI Applications
- Monitoring of databases/queries /logs
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications (when needed)
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure alignment between business goals and BI solutions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Skills, Experience & Education
- Minimum 3 year National Diploma (NQF 6) preferbaly in Information Systems/ Computer Science or IT related qualification
- Bachelor's Degree advantageous
- Familiarity in programming languages (Java, Python, Visual Studio, C Sharp).
- Proficiency in SQL, My SQL, Data Management (VQL would be advantageous)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with PM Tools (Clickup, JIRA, Trello)
- Valid Driver's Licence
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.