Administrative Associate - United Nations Population FundAdministrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Administrative Associate delivers quality services in administration and programme support to internal and external clients in the joint programme and works closely with the Programme Coordinator and the Regional Interagency Working Group under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager.
The Administrative Associate will deliver quality administration and programme support services internally to UNFPA, to the four participating UN agencies and stakeholders with whom the 2gether 4 SRHR Programme engages. S/he will be responsible to provide advice and guidance and ensure that the programme follows all relevant administrative rules, guidelines, processes and procedures as per the policies and procedures of UNFPA, the Standard Administrative Agreement governing the Joint Programme and the UN Secretary-General’s Principle of Mutual Recognition.
S/he will take a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, provide support and guidance to the RIWG and UNFPA as the convening agent.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
You would be responsible for:
- Managing the operational aspects of programme/project inputs, including personnel, sub-contracts, equipment, fellowships and other programme and project-related events to facilitate programme delivery.
- Providing support in the preparation and organization of workshops, conferences and or meetings conducted by the programme.
- Ensuring that all travel related to the programme is undertaken in strict compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Managing procurement operations for office and project equipment, supplies and services, transparently and cost-effectively; and maintaining up-to-date inventory and records.
- Supporting the engagement of implementing partners, ensuring adherence to the relevant policies and procedures.
- Supporting the recruitment and selection process of consultants, applying the relevant IC policy.
- Providing logistical support to the programme by coordinating programme-related meetings, workshops and events.
- Develop tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of the programme work plan in relation to procurement and consultant hires.
- Training and guiding programme personnel on programme policies and procedures.
- Providing guidance to the joint programme on operational procedures.
- Ensure proper management of programme files and archiving system.
- Working in close cooperation with the Operations Unit to ensure adequate support on operational matters and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First-level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Proven experience in successfully managing and implementing administrative procedures in development organizations at national or international level.
- Proficiency in current Microsoft Office applications (especially Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Experience in using ERP systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP) or similar integrated systems/ applications
- Working experience with UN organizations is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages is desirable.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.