Secretary - Durban University of TechnologyAdministrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Durban 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Provides a full range of high-level administrative and secretarial support to the Senior Director which includes managing the diary.
- Confirms daily schedule and work plan and arranges appointments in a time-effective manner.
- Provides a variety of support tasks that may be highly sensitive and confidential.
- Type correspondences, reports, and presentations, including layout and formatting.
- Ensures the office of the Senior Director is properly briefed and familiar with the agenda in advance of all meetings.
- Without any supervision, undertakes to ensure that all matters requesting the Senior Directors' intervention are executed timeously.
- Organises meetings and provides relevant documentation timeously for meeting participants.
- Organises domestic and foreign travel/accommodation arrangements and forex for the Senior Director and other relevant staff. Prepares and keeps records of all travel vouchers in accordance with DUT procedures.
- Organises functions as required. Compiles guest lists, organise venues, and arranges/coordinates catering requirements within budget limitations.
- Makes minor/routine administrative decisions within the bounds of the authority level of the position.
- Prepares routine correspondence and assembles data for complex reports, e.g., staffing schedules, study leave requests, and motivation for budgets.
- Co-ordinates, monitors, and orders primary office supplies in accordance with DUT purchasing procedures and administrative controls.
- Oversees servicing and maintenance of office equipment in the Senior Directors’ office.
- Follow up with the ambit’s heads of Secretaries on deadlines for submitting data.
- Maintains efficient backup of computerised documentation, records, and statistics.
- Compiles the Senior Directors’ office budget for approval.
- Liaises efficiently with external vendors and other parties as required.
- As the frontline representative to the Senior Director promotes the image of the office by promptly, efficiently, and diligently attending to all duties and tasks.
- Ensures personal and professional self-development, e.g., by attending relevant training courses to update skills or acquire new skills in line with new developments/ technology.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Secretarial/Office Management/Administration/Business Administration, or relevant qualification.
- Minimum 5 years in a Secretarial/ Admin position, of which at least 3 years of secretarial experience at a senior management level.
- Experience in Office Management, involving multidisciplinary functions.
- Considerable knowledge of standard secretarial practices and Business English, modern office equipment, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrable high-level knowledge, and experience in computer literacy in particular Windows-based computer programs including MS Office, and the Internet.
- Able to work independently and under pressure, and to priorities according to deadlines.
- Ability to compose a variety of letters and memorandum and to perform office management details without referring to the line manager.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills and the ability to promote process improvements to create institutional efficiencies.
- Good interactive and PR skills and must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population across the university.
- Understanding of budget reporting and MS Excel skills with the ability to learn University operational and financial systems.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written/electronic with the ability to interact effectively with constituents at all levels required.
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.