Operator Level 2 - Bidvest Tank TerminalsSupply Chain / Logistics / Warehousing Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In KwaZulu-Natal 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Bidvest Tank Terminals is currently recruiting for eight Operator level 2’s to join the Durban Operations Team, to ensure safe and efficient bulk storage operations on a shift basis and effective operations. The candidate must meet the following minimum criteria
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and execute site and shipping activities by BTT procedures, work instructions and planning schedule
- Ensure that all plant equipment is well maintained, and that defective equipment is reported to the Team Leader
- Perform Vessel Entry inspection and confirmation of tank cleanliness before the surveyor is in attendance
- Perform and calculate stop dips and pumping rates accurately
- Prepare tanks, lines and equipment for operations as directed
- Load and unload drums onto flat racks and containers as per the drumming procedure
- Activate heat systems, chillers and compressors by planned site activities
- Responsible for signing in and out keys by the tank key control procedure
- Ensure that there is an effective handover between shifts to ensure operational continuity
- Report losses and gains to the Team Leader on shift
- Supervise and direct Operator Level 4 and Operator-level 5
- Manage the effluent and separator operations to ensure no environmental damage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Available and willing to work shifts by the BTT Shift roster
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Knowledge of pumps, valves, and operating procedures
- Ability to work well within a team
- Relevant BTT systems knowledge and experience in SAP
- Grade 12
- Completed all Operator Level 2 competency modules
- Minimum of 2 years BTT Operations experience
- Code 8 Drivers Licence preferred
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.