Driver - University of the Western CapeDriving Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Western Cape 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) is vibrant, diverse and dynamic, rooted in the African continent with an increasing global reach. UWC actively responds in cultural and creative ways to the development needs of the country, within an ever-changing and challenging global context.
We seek to appoint an experienced Driver to form part of the Sports Administration Department, reporting to the Manager of support Services.
Job functions include:
- Collection and delivery of the University sports teams to various destinations around South Africa
- Driving student-athletes to and from events and training sessions
- Vehicle inspection to be carried out before operating a University vehicle, for oneself and or other authorised drivers of the University, which includes the recording of damage (if any) on the vehicle and checking of vehicle tools
- Check that interior instruments are in working order, e.g. lights, indicators, tyre thread etc.
- A vehicle inspection must be conducted when the vehicle is booked out and returned to the transport department
- Report any irregularities relating to vehicle inspection (collection vs return) immediately to the supervisor
- Refuelling of the University vehicles where required
- To ensure that vehicles are kept in good condition at all times
- Receive the trip details from the Supervisor
- Work after hours and during weekends based on the approved transport schedule
- Confirm a valid driver’s license present when an employee collects a University vehicle
- Driving duties are not limited to the transportation of student-athletes
- Any other task delegated by the line manager
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Grade 12/Matric
- At least 2 years in a similar position
- Valid code 10 driver’s license
- Must have had a valid driver's license for at least two years
- Valid PrDP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Sober habits
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.