Electrician - SappiEngineering Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Mpumalanga 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centred around integrity, courage, making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Electrician to provide electrical services with specific responsibility for fault finding, identifying repair and replacement needs, installing, maintaining and upgrading electrical systems and equipment; and by ensuring that tools and materials are available and maintained.
As an Electrician, you will be responsible for:
- Install, test, connect, commission, maintain and modify electrical equipment, wiring and control systems as required. Examples include PLC, drives and control equipment.
- Perform electrical maintenance or remedial work according to SAP notifications, work orders and planned schedules, including during shuts. Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Do fault finding on electrical systems during breakdown and effect the required repairs to keep downtime to a minimum. Participate in failure analysis.
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on electrical systems and their components according to a detailed checklist. Identify repairs required and recommend preventative maintenance to the foreman.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Perform tests on AC and DC motors to determine the condition of the motor windings, insulation, and core lamination.
- Prepare status reports and activity logs as required.
- Electricians may be required to cover breakdowns after hours and weekends on a standby basis.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor. Draw required spares from stores using the SAP picking list.
- Performs any other assigned tasks that fall within the scope of an Electrician.
- Required to work standby and overtime.
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment, and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisation’s policies, procedures, and best operating practices.
- Report all unsafe acts to the direct supervisor.
What are we looking for?
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as an Electrician
- Grade 12 with Maths and Physical Science or N3 Engineering
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience with a focus on electrical fault finding in a heavy industrial environment would be advantageous
- Valid driving license
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
- learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
- Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role)
- Market-leading leave benefits
- Employee wellbeing benefits
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.