Debtors Clerk - St Peter's CollegeAccounting / Finance Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
St Peter's College is an independent Anglican Diocesan school for boys and girls from Grade 8 to Grade 12. The school was founded in 1998 to meet the demand for a co-educational high school in northern Sandton. St Peter's College offers and integrated and relevant South African high school education.
The College aims to ensure that individual potential is achieved through exposure to a wide range of excellent academic, spiritual, sporting, creative, cultural and community activities. Our goal is to create and maintain an environment where trust and respect for the individual prevail, where diversity and inclusion are valued, and where individual responsibility is fostered within the context of teamwork.
St Peter's College is currently seeking to appoint a committed, reliable and committed Debtors Clerk.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining a debtor’s ledger which includes billing/invoicing, journals, receipting and payments
- Account for students leaving, deposits & levy refunds and tuition credit notes
- Respond timely to debtors' queries
- Processing of debtors' Interest Charges
- Processing of debit orders, add, amend, load onto the banking system
- Monitor and follow up on payment agreements
- Write & issue letters of suspension/ termination to parents
- Arrange debtors meetings; Build sound relationship between parents and the College
- Liaise with admissions on notice of withdrawals
- Maintain the Schedule Reconciliation for receipts, deposits, and withdrawals and reconcile to appropriate grades
- Monitor scholarships, bursaries, siblings discount
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- At least two years’ relevant work experience.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Pastel Evolution. Advanced working knowledge of Sage Evolution is advantageous specifically for Sage Evolution Annuity billing used to invoice school fees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Conscientious and committed to internal and external customer service
- Ability to work with confidential matters
- Ability to develop strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, assertive, self-driven and flexible
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Excellent planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Practical and logical problem-solving ability
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team
- Prepared to work outside college hours, where necessary; and
- Willingness to participate in the broader life of the College and to contribute positively to the ethos of the College.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.