General Technical Assistant: Boilershop - SA Metal GroupEngineering Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Cape Town 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Boilershop team requires a committed, hardworking and reliable General Technical Assistant to join their team. The General Technical Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks, amongst others:
- Housekeeping daily
- General workshop duties i.e. maintaining the cleanliness of the workshop and tool store
- Cleaning of tools
- Identify and able to select appropriate hand tools
- Able to use basic power tools
- Able to do minor/ basic welding tasks
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge of workshop safety
- Complete basic tasks using the oxygen/acetylene cutting process under supervision
- Assisting Artisans with various tasks as and when required
- Grade 12
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety rules
- Ability to handle tools i.e. cutting machines
- Previous experience in the same or similar role advantageous
- Adhere to Health and Safety rules and regulations
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Hard-working and self-motivated
- Prepared to work overtime and weekends when required
- Physically fit (Strength to handle materials, tools and machines)
- Sober habits
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Honest and reliable
- Must be willing and eager to learn
- Ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload in a pressurised environment
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces and at heights
- Physically mobile and energetic
- Ability to follow rules
- Be organised and keep their work area neat
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.