Professional Nurse - Western Cape Blood ServiceHealthcare Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Western Cape 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Are you a unique, self-motivated and disciplined nurse? Do you pride yourself on your precise skills and work accuracy? Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference? If so Western Cape Blood Services wants you.
We are a non-profit organisation, our mission is to collect, process and distribute blood and blood products of the highest standards in the Western Cape.
A vacancy exists for a Professional Nurse – in Clinics Department
(Paterson Grade C2)
Purpose of the Job
- The overall health & safety of the donor
- Medically screen donors, accept or defer resulting in the collection of safe blood
- Ensuring professionalism and safe, hygienic conditions for performing successful blood collection
- All medical-related decisions
CONTINUE READING BELOW
A combination of the following skills, knowledge and attributes is required:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Have a friendly disposition and willingness to “go the extra mile”
- Accuracy in data collection
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Skilled in customer service and the ability to deal with the public
- Previous supervisory skills would be an added advantage
- The working hours are variable i.e. shift basis, including Weekends and public holidays
- Senior Certificate (Matric)
- Diploma in Nursing Science
- Registered with the SA Nursing Council
- Venipuncture/Phlebotomy experience is essential
- Previous Blood Transfusion experience would be an added advantage
- Computer Literate
- A code 8 driver’s licence without endorsements will be an added advantage
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.