Bus Driver x3 - University of the WitwatersrandDriving Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Johannesburg 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- To drive a bus or vehicle in according to National Road Traffic Act
- To check the condition of the vehicle prior to commencing service by ensuring but not limited to the following. Carrying out the safety walk round check, i.e. pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- To complete trip log; i.e. open and close kilometers per trip or route
- To drive the allocated vehicles in a safe, legal and professional way
- To drive to the set timetable, not running early or late, when it is safe to do so
- To ensure that rules of the road are observed within bus depots and bus stations – public roads and abnormal conditions
- Required to wear prescribed uniforms at all times whilst on duty
- Communicate effective in a professional manner with customers
- To provide a professional, courteous and friendly service to all stakeholders
- Ensuring that the vehicle is clean and tidy prior to commence route or trip
- Report vehicles or buses that are not roadworthy
- Report any defect in the vehicle or equipment is reported as soon as possible to the Operations Controller - and ensure it is submitted on completion of trip/route
- Timeous reporting of expiring vehicle license and COF
- Carry out lawful and reasonable duties required by OHS, SHEQ
- To ensure a full understanding of emergency and evacuation plans and procedures
- Understand University Health & Safety Policy, and Emergency Fire Procedures
- Ensure safety hazards and risks are identified and reported to the operations manager immediately
- Attend safety and compliance meetings
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Grade 12
- Minimum 3 years active passenger driving experience on buses
- Valid Driver’s License Code EC1 (0,4) or EC
- Professional Driving Permit (PrDP)
- Advance Driving Skills
- Basic writing and numeracy skills
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Customer Service
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Relationship Building
Compliance/Statutory Requirements (Knowledge, Understanding and or Training)
- OHS Act
- AARTO Act
- National Road Traffic Act
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.