Senior Location Planner - Mr Price SportSales / Marketing Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In KwaZulu-Natal 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Under general direction create the department's astute pre-season & in-season store sales plans that meet the store's needs in terms of the correct buy shape per store profile & maximize store sales, clearance and space.
- Extract & analyse store KPI's by sub department season.
- Complete a draft report highlighting all issues impacting performance.
- Lead a discussion to develop an action plan that will maximize store sales, clearance & space.
- Collaborating with the merchant planner re-forecast in-season store sales to adjust for the current trade variances.
- Convert the store sales plan to a stock plan in OTS (Open to Ship) in order to adjust SAS (Strategic Allocation System) allocations.
- Report variances & action plan in store size service levels & store cover ratios.
- Collaborating with the merchant planner to review the previous season's zero-based plan (ZBP) in order to conclude the previous seasons missed opportunities.
- Summarize in a post-mortem the previous seasons performance (sub department. store season KPI's, grade & portfolio) based off current trade reports & compile key lessons learnt.
- Complete store grading in APS (Assortment Planning System) in order to provide the merchant planning team with unit buy recommendations which will inform their strategy.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Collaborating with the merchant planner develop a seasonal strategy for the sub department which will include strategic objectives & a top line financial plan which is aligned to the previous seasons post mortem & growth opportunities in comparable, new, enhanced stores as well as reduced & discontinued stores.
- Contribute to the strategy discussion & aggregate the seasonal strategy to be presented to the management team ensuring it is aligned to key company growth initiatives.
Building an Assortment:
- Collaborating with the merchant planner build the assortment plan in order to balance the assortment back to key strategic store requirements.
- Amend where required store grading & unit buys in order to finalize assortment to buy.
- Contribute to the preparation of the required presentation documents in order to articulate variances to strategy in respect of profiles, grades & stores.
Product Allocation/Stock Allocation:
- Collaborate with Trainee Location Planner &/or Junior Location Planner to ensure all store performance deviations are actioned prior to final allocation finalization.
- Adjust & balance the forward allocations checking that required units per store are met & that the strategic assortment shape is executed as per the OTS (Open to Ship) plan.
- Monitor units being accrued for new store openings & report on variances.
- Perform store consolidations in order to optimize store stock levels.
Coaching & Development:
- Provide direction & mentorship to Trainee's, Juniors and Location planners
- University or Diploma Qualification with 2-3 related quantitative or supply chain subjects
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- At least 3 years' experience as a Location planner (excluding time as a Trainee/Junior)
- Experience mentoring and coaching in Location
- Proven track record with the success in development of Trainees & Juniors within Location Planning
- Completed all available planner classroom training
- Deep functional expertise in Location planning
- Proven performance and experience in variety of products
- Knowledge on Current Trade.
- Skills pertaining to Post Mortem reports.
- Skills and ability to build a Seasonal Strategy & Assortment.
- Candidate must be computer literate & have knowledge on planning systems.
- Candidate should possess retail knowledge, brand and product understanding, customer & retail market.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.