Accounts Payable Lead - KFCAccounting / Finance Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Johannesburg 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Plans and directs accounting activities within the Accounts Payable department (payments made within terms, projections of payments, supplier recons, etc.)
- Ensure the execution and improvement of the Accounts Payable Processes assigned to the department, aiming to achieve the strategic objectives set for the department
- Manage the financial reporting for all funds within the KFC and Pizza Hut Africa business: (1) the South African Marketing Fund, (2) the South African Supply Chain Management Fund; (3) the African Markets Marketing Fund, and (4) the African Markets Supply Chain (5) Other Franchisee services
- Business partner and Drive excellence in providing robust and accurate financial information to the budget-holders; ensure that all revenue is appropriately accounted for, and optimize fund spending in line with budget.
- Manage the KFC digital platform for WiCodes (electronic vouchering)
- Interpret and analyze financial performance against key business metrics for KFC Equity and KFC and PH G&A
- Manage Payables team, to deliver reliable and high-quality service to Suppliers
- Review of supplier recons, preparing and gaining approval for all payments made weekly, and cash flow summaries for payment cycles
- Manage Service Levels and drive the development of plans for systems improvements in business financial controls
- Ensure implementation and compliance of policies and procedures
- Providing accurate and complete information to external and internal auditors
- Management of the financial reporting of the Marketing fund, Tech fee, Franchise services, and Wi-Codes
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This role requires the employee to have strong relationship skills as cross-functional partnering is imperative. The role has strict but manageable deadlines throughout each period. It requires an individual who can motivate and challenge a team while step-changing the transactional space.
- Create and maintain relationships with operational management/leadership
- Create and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Create and maintain good working relationships with other departments i.e. colleagues including the global Control team
- Create and maintain relationships with Financial Controller, Chief Financial Officer, external/ internal auditors and Finance Planning team stakeholders
- Over peak periods, overtime will be required (predominantly over month-end)
- Hybrid work with 3 days a week in the office, plus regular field trips
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- 3 to 5 years of management experience
- Previous experience in a Control space will be beneficial
- Microsoft Office suite
- Oracle (JDE, HFM) preferential
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Designs workflows and procedures
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Managing People - Facilitating and process improvement
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethics; Upholds organizational values
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Dependability - Follows instructions, and responds to management direction; Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment;.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles;
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.