Quality Lab Analyst - UnileverLaboratory Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Durban 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
- To conduct testing in the lab for work in progress samples, finished goods and raw materials to assess compliance of product to specifications as per the product compliance and safety protocols.
- To drive zero defect culture and compliance within the organization through robust implementation as outlined in Iso 9001:2015 standard and GMP.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE
- Analytical testing using wet chemistry and automated titration for two phase titration for anionic surfactants for work in progress samples, finished goods and raw materials.
- Facilitation of compliance for lab equipment through service and calibration as per the calibration schedule at the prescribed frequencies, and relevant records kept. This equipment includes GC (Gas Chromatography), NIR (Near Infrared) and Karl Fischer (potentiometric titrations).
- Review and update of all laboratory documented methods/work instructions/forms. Conduct impact assessments, risk assessments and implement any updates to QMS policies.
- Maintenance and update of MSDSs for lab chemicals as per the new safety regulation requirements.
- Conduct weekly laboratory stock take for stock level monitoring and standardization of reagents .
- Maintain accurate documentation of quality inspection results, statistical data analysis and trending of results, quality monthly reports, scorecards.
- Quality inspection of finished product for both packing hall and warehouses (internal and external) to ensure compliance to specifications and retention samples controls.
- Analysis of incoming consumer and customer complaints, including allocating the complaints to the appropriate departments for investigation and implementation of countermeasures.
- Control of critical control points and prerequisite programs.
- Drive improvement projects for reduction in factory incidents, business waste and cost.
- Collaboration with material suppliers to ensure compliance of RM/PM to specifications and leading non-conformances engagements for root cause analysis corrective action implementation.
- Collaboration with the planning and procurement teams for material management (in SAP), monitoring of material shelf life and leading testing for extensions.
- Customer and consumer focus to drive down complaints through production line inspections for finished good before dispatch and improvement projects and kaizens.
- Robust knowledge of root cause analysis tools and methodologies to drive and lead incident investigations with cross functional teams for non-conformances and corrective action reports.
- Conduct internal audits for compliance and compile audit findings, audit reports and maintain all quality records pertaining to the audit function e.g., non-conformances, corrective action.
- Stratification of factory top losses affecting quality through QA-Matrix, root cause analysis and implementing counter measures to prevent reoccurrences and drive down cost on business waste.
- Leading the quality digital platforms, ie Digital Voice of the Consumer (DVOC), Digitization of factory line inspections through BuildApp and process parameters using SPC.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of process and analytical trends using statistical process controls (SPC)
- Documenting and follow up on RCAs and assuring robust corrective action are implemented.
- Conducting traceability and GMP Audits and driving action closure with cross functional teams.
- Collaboration with cross functional teams in addressing and resolving quality related issues.
- Maintain and update HACCP and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct audits in accordance with the Annual plan
- Conduct audit testing of specified processes to test the adequacy of the design and operational effectiveness of controls.
- Compile findings, root causes, potential effects, recommendations, and line mangers commitment (what, when, how) for consideration by the Site Quality Lead.
- Ensure corrective and preventive actions are issued, implemented, verified and closed within set timeframes.
- Conduct and facilitate improvement projects for improved production efficiencies and cost reduction.
- Facilitation and coordination of Management of Change in collaboration with innovations team and drive action closure and accountability for non-compliances.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Experiences & Qualifications
- National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry/Biotechnology/Food Technology
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in laboratory analytical testing environment and FMCG manufacturing.
- Fully Operational and Quality assurance knowledge in FMCG manufacturing or similar
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of Iso 9001:2015, HACCP and GMP.
- Working Knowledge of OHS act and safe operating procedures in the laboratory.
- Ability to analyze process data using SPC, Buildapp and stratification matrix.
- Ability to use SAP/Coupa
- Ability to use digital platforms (BuildApp, Quality digital platforms)
Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- AGILITY: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.