Lab Analyst: Paper Lab - SappiLaboratory Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In South Africa 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centered around safety, integrity, courage, and making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive and safe environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Lab Analyst to accurately analyse various samples throughout the mill on a routine basis and to accurately report results for the purpose of process control and sales.
As a Lab Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Analyse samples using analytical techniques
- Operates complicated laboratory equipment
- Evaluate the quality of results obtained prior to reporting and take relevant actions on deviations
- Calibrates and verifies the accuracy of all relevant equipment before the commencement of the shift
- Comply with all ISO methods for the test performed
- Testing final product for sale purposes
- Analyse and report special samples requested by the plant
- Enter results into the computer using Laboratory Information System (LIS) software program
- Check stock level for all solutions/consumables and report to the shift supervisor
- Report problems with samples or results to the shift supervisor
- Hand over analytical testing that is in progress to the next analyst
- Accountable for the correct use of PPE, housekeeping, and general safety applicable to tests performed
- Identification; communication and mitigation of risks
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What are we looking for?
- Matric with Maths and Physical Science/ N3 Pulp and Paper
- Chemistry/ Lab related qualification will be advantageous
- 1 year of Laboratory/Pulp and Paper industry experience will be an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
- Learning and development programmes
- Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role)
- Market-leading leave benefits
- Employee wellbeing benefits
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.