Senior Artisan Diesel Mechanic - SasolArtisan Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Mpumalanga 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of Job
- To observe operation of automotive machines and verify conformance to specifications and quality standards to meet production targets.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- Proven competence in pre-identified areas per discipline of the plant/mine/equipment/systems
- Understand and use the plant maintenance documentation system
- Understand planning work management system
- Relevant plant/mine specific/basic process knowledge
- Compliance of Safety Management Systems e.g. IMS, MBO, etc.
- Able to apply emergency procedures
- Read, interpret, and implement task risk assessment
- Hazard identification/task risk assessments
- Participates in daily morning meetings to discuss work assignments
- Support the goals and vision of the business by meeting deadlines
- Provides adequate feedback to supervisor on work progress
- Participates in root cause analyses, and provides feedback to RCA teams
- Participates in risk assessments according to legislation and company requirements to improve safety
- Maintains good housekeeping and adheres to waste disposal procedures
- Share knowledge with junior artisans in known environment/context
- Participates in quarterly performance appraisal with group leader to improve personal development
- Identifies personal training and development needs, and incorporates into PDP with group leader's approval
- Lead by example (walks the talk)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assists with the development of works instructions to develop a higher level of staff competency
- Take the lead in team efforts/tasks
- Able to act as group leader (if appropriate to career path)
- Contribute to overall maintenance strategy and direction
- Mentor learners/artisans informally
- Conducts My IMS (physical inspections to maintain and improve plant sustainability)
- Work effectively in a team
- Attends and interacts in PDAs and RCAs to improve plant safety and stability
- Provides adequate feedback to group leader or planning officer on work progress
- Ensures the correct history feedback is captured to improve renewals/ upgrades and critical spares are replaced
- Gives input at toolbox talks to improve plant safety
Formal Education (MUST)
- Grade 12/N3 with Mathematics, Physical Science and English/Business English
- Trade Test – Diesel Mechanic
- Experience: 0 - 5+ relevant years
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.