Fitter and Turner - SappiEngineering Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Mpumalanga 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
As a Fitter and Turner, you will be responsible for:
- Fit, assemble, grind, machine, and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies to maintain production machines and other equipment.
- Overhaul mechanical equipment
- Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Participate in failure analysis
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed checklist
- Perform standby and overtime duties as required.
- Draw spares from Stores using the picking list in SAP
- Share knowledge with other fitters in the section and in other areas of the plant.
- Perform quality control inspection on all equipment that must be prepared
- Machine a variety of equipment and components on the Boring Mill as and when required
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment, and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisation's policies, procedures, and best operating practices.
- Participate in the investigation of SHEQ incidents on request and help to identify root causes for non-conformance.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Report all unsafe acts to the direct supervisor
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What are we looking for?
- Grade 12 or N2 Mechanical Engineering Certificate
- Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter and Turner
- 2 Years Post-Apprenticeship Machining Experience in a Heavy Engineering Environment
- Valid Driving Licence
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.