Rigid Dump Truck Operator - TharisaDriving Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In North West 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Rigid Dump Truck Operator is responsible to operate the truck as per the manufacturer’s specifications. The operator will be required to reach his/her shift target safely and cost-effectively.
- Reports to the Load and Haul Supervisor
- Responsible to fill and follow the pre – use Checklist.
- Take full care of the truck in terms of its cleanliness and tyre protection.
- Responsible for filling diesel
- Do the break test ramp at the start of shift or any time when the truck comes from the workshop.
- Reporting of faults to engineering and shift control.
- Follow the Standard Operating Procedures as per MHSA guidelines.
- Achieve the daily planned target of loads transported.
- Report hourly tons/BCM hauled to Shift Controller
- Look after the tyres by driving carefully and not driving on top of rocks on the haul road, tipping and loading areas. If such areas are experienced, the operator must call the Supervisor and the Controller to remove or fix such areas before hauling can continue.
- Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedure at all times.
- Adhere to all company rules and regulations and MHSA.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Grade 12/ NQF Level 4
Job specific experience:
- Must pass both medical and dover tests
- Must be able to work shifts and also on all holidays
- 1-year mining experience in open cast mining will be an advantage
- Rigid Dump Truck Operator experience
- Competent in relevant unit standards
- Valid driving license code 08/14
- Should have excellent communication in English both verbally and written
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.