Boilermaker - TharisaArtisan Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In North West 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Boilermaker is responsible for Installing, maintaining, and repair structural mechanical equipment and fixtures. Ensures that work is in accordance with MHSA and relevant COP’s and SOP’s
- Safely execute critical daily maintenance tasks
- Execute shutdown activities as per plan, according to scheduled time
- Ensure continuous improvement of asset care management
- To give direction to Assistant and contractors under their area of responsibility
- Support asset care and optimisation for ensuring customer needs are met
- Assist engineering foreman to ensure health and safety of employees it is taken care of through safely maintaining equipment
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Stop and report any contraventions of the MHSA, regulations, and codes of practice, Mine standards and instructions promptly to the engineering foreman
- Obtain job card and permit to work before any task execution
- Conduct pre-work risk assessment for every task
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain structural mechanical equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools, power tools and gas cutting equipment
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Inspect plant equipment components and systems to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with the relevant standards;
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Plan layout and installation of equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and relevant standards
- Ensure safe execution of the task
- Test the unit
- Ensure that the equipment handed back to the operation is in a safe and operable condition
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Grade 12 and Minimum N2 Certificate;
- Relevant Boilermaking Technical Qualifications: Red sealed Engineering Trade certificate or SAQA Verified Trade Certificate);
- Studying towards N6 National Diploma in Electrical Engineering would be advantageous
Job specific experience:
- Minimum of 5 years Solid experience in a Mining environment as a Boilermaker;
- Valid driving license (code 08)
- Must be medically fit
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.