Senior Piping Engineer - HatchEngineering Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Johannesburg 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Senior Piping Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing project and engineering services to large and small projects. The Senior Piping Engineer defines and develops the plan to meet the Project requirements and manages a team of piping engineers and designers to ensure regulatory code compliance and quality of deliverables.
In addition, the Senior Piping Engineer assists in achieving the required project schedules and costs and resolution of all technical issues related to the discipline.
As a successful candidate, you will;
- Ensure that all work designed or supplied by the Piping engineering discipline complies with the relevant sections of mandatory health and safety standards, including any pressure piping regulation or code referred to within the required jurisdiction for the Project with due consideration of relevant client engineering standards
- Develop a thorough understanding of the project requirements as they relate to scope, execution strategy, cost and schedule with the Engineering Manager
- Prepare a list of engineering deliverables and time based functions to facilitate the planning and control of the engineering budget
- Develop the Piping work plan for insertion into the Project specific execution plan and develop and maintain the Project’s scope of work documentation and revise as required during the design evolution
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage and review the Piping engineering work packages associated with all deliverables and time based functions to ensure that budgets and schedules are being met, and take corrective action if necessary
- Review and approve Piping technical deliverables
- Assist in the preparation and development of project specific procedures
- Manage Piping system requirements to achieve the Project results and monitor effectiveness
- Represent the Piping practice in project engineering co-ordination meetings
- Ensure co-ordination, between the Piping team and other disciplines of all activities being performed as the design evolves
- Ensure that quality audits of engineering work are carried out in accordance with Project procedures and the quality assurance plan and maintain technical documentation
- Participate in the selection of Project piping candidates
- Participate in HAZOP reviews
- Ensure resolution of Piping issues during Project lifecycle, including planning phase, design, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning
- Promote and maintain the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of Piping engineering work
- Adhere to and promote the Hatch corporate safety culture.
You bring to the role;
- Strong leadership skills
- BSc/B.Eng degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Registration as a professional engineer
- Minimum eight years piping engineering experience with a minimum five years project engineering experience or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to manage and motivate individuals to attain quality, cost and schedule objectives
- Strong deliverable focus, ability to plan the work
- A high degree of understanding of inter-discipline dependencies related to the discipline
- Good understanding of procurement, contracting and commissioning methodologies
- Technical exposure to specialist technologies related to the Project
- Good understanding of Company systems and workflows as they relate to the Piping practice
- Thorough understanding of the Company HSEC policy and standards
- Sound knowledge of Piping codes and standards applicable to the Project
- Sound technical knowledge of Piping, including P&ID development, line sizing, material selection, isolation requirements and valve selection.
- Familiarity with the requirements and application of pipe stress analysis
- Knowledge of advanced Piping systems and management tools
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Site experience in a Piping technical role.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.