Trainee Planner - Mr Price GroupSales / Marketing Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In KwaZulu-Natal 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A Trainee Planner is a permanent associate who follows a bespoke Trainee Development Programme to learn and develop the skills required to become a fully-fledged Planner
A combination of on-the-job learning, close guidance from experienced Senior Planners and support from the Talent Development Partner, our Trainees develop an understanding of the entire merchandise process to enable them to develop and execute category plans which demonstrate the ability to plan the right merchandise for the right stores at the right time as well as a strong understanding of all the financial measures around sales, stock & profit
Apply learnt knowledge & skills by:
- Demonstrating awareness of the factors which influence the way we perform in current trade how to manage opportunities & risks accordingly.
- Demonstrating how to optimize stock in the light of the critical path & achievement of KPI's (Key Performance Indicator).
- Participating in the building of an assortment which is informed by current trade, post mortem, & the seasonal strategy.
- Demonstrating how to forecast a financial plan, highlight variances for sales, orders, stock, markdown planning going forward.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Extract & analyse financial KPI's & product performance against set plan by sub department season, category & sub category.
- Contribute towards compiling a draft report highlighting all issues that have impacted performance.
- Assist with re-forecasting financial plan iro sales, orders, stock, markdowns & concluding current trade action plan.
- Conduct regular competitive shops/store visits & as an outcome relay the findings & recommended action plan.
Building an Assortment:
- Participate in building the assortment plan in collaboration with the buying & location planning team.
- Maintain the assortment in the relevant system (APS).
- Extract & analyse reports on the assortment for the planner.
Order Placement & Product Allocation:
- Create all order lines for the season with your greater team ensuring accuracy in all detail inclusive of category & sub category detail, product attributes, size curve, cost prices, selling prices, and PMO.
- Follow up on order & resolve any potential problems with the planner.
- Assist greater team to ensure order raising & allocations are completed timeously according to calendar deadline requirements.
Do you tick all the boxes?
A completed Diploma / Degree in one of the following fields
- A completed Diploma/Degree in one of the following fields:
- Business Science
- Strategic Management
- Supply Chain
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry is advantageous
- Mathematical, Negotiation & presentation skills.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
0-1 Year work experience.« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.