Unit Manager at Coca-Cola Beverages South AfricaEngineering Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has an exciting opportunity in our Manufacturing and Technical department. We are looking for a talented individual with the relevant skills and experience for the Unit Manager position, which is based in CCBSA Midrand. The successful candidate will report directly to the Production Engineer in CCBSA Midrand.
Key Purpose Statement
To manage, lead and support the team so that manufacturing, quality and maintenance targets are achieved in the most cost effective and efficient manner, whilst meeting customer and business requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Manage the Packaging Plant and Processes
- Develop and communicate a business plan annually so that direction and objectives of the department are optimally planned, executed and monitored in line with CCBSA’s strategic objectives
- Set performance goals together with the team so that team members know, understand and can work effectively as a team towards common goals and purpose
- Review production plans (daily and weekly received from Supply Chain Planning) to establish production targets for every shift on the unit
- Manage and ensure that processes and procedures enable maximum production throughput and that they conform to quality standards and minimize waste of products, containers and material
- Monitor and track key line and equipment performance indicators to ensure predictable and reliable production processes and outputs
- The active monitoring and tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are reflective of the business strategy, goals and objectives. This includes addressing deviations and providing regular feedback of performance to team
- Partner with Quality Assurance to resolve problems related to sub-standard purchased containers or materials to permanently eliminate root causes
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Drive Performance Improvement
- Structure and facilitate problem solving using suitable multi-disciplinary teams and appropriate techniques to eliminate root cause and close loops
- Manage gaps using a formal process to track problems and their resolution
- Identify and prioritize performance improvement opportunities using key KPI’s and appropriate analysis
- Plan, implement and manage performance improvement projects
Lead the Application of Asset Management Practices
- Review and manage all preventative maintenance tasks, including autonomous maintenance, for all equipment failures
- Review and manage maintenance cost plans (in conjunction with the Packaging Engineer) as per guidelines
- Provide information, input and assistance to the Packaging Engineer and Packaging Manager to set maintenance cost plans
- Plan for implementation of Autonomous Maintenance (AM) in line with the Frontline Development Plan
Manage Quality in the Packaging Unit
- Measure and manage quality compliance by identifying and incorporating Quality at Source targets into the relevant team goals
- Ensure that equipment and instruments are kept calibrated, maintained and fit for use to preserve the integrity of analysis data
- Monitor compliance to the quality assurance systems, procedures and standards and take corrective action to prevent recurrence where required
Manage Health, Safety, Environment and Risk
- Manage employee awareness of and training in Health and Safety, which may include signage, issuing and maintenance of PPE
- Conduct investigations and submit reports of incidents and accidents in accordance with company and legislative requirements
- Manage the appointment of safety committee representatives in accordance with requirements
- Conduct safety meetings on a monthly basis and ensure minutes are kept and all actions taken
Manage Cost Plans
- Formulate and control expense and capital budgets so that expenses are planned for, and managed effectively within budgetary parameters
- Identify variances and take corrective action to control costs, working with the Packaging level 3 and 2 teams
Manage Human Resources
- Manage the team effectively in order to achieve the goals, high engagement levels and quality work outputs.
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships according to collective agreements, conditions of employment, core values, disciplinary code and strategies.
- Manage and ensure the continuous development of the team to allow for the effective and efficient functioning of the manufacturing unit
- Drive the completion of CAP guide assessments for team
- Maintain the knowledge and application of the PERFORM Way
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Matric and a BSC or BTech in Engineering qualification.
- Relevant 3 year post matric qualification (N6 or S4 Diploma) and technical and/or production management experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years (Small Plant/Single Line) production and leadership experience in a FMCG environment.
- A minimum of 5+ years (Large Plant /Multiple Lines).
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.