Logistics Clerk - Volvo GroupSupply Chain / Logistics / Warehousing Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The main purpose of the position is to be a Co-Driver towards New Truck Sales to achieve their sales objectives through a wholly owned and operated sales organization. To ensure that the department is fully compliant in terms of process and procedure within the levels defined by the organisation within given authorisation rules, guidelines, policies, procedures.
Reporting: This position reports to the Logistics Supervisor.
- To analyse the sales order forms and facilitate the execution of instructions to ensure that business adheres to the customers' expectations.
- Liaise with the salesmen and the suppliers through sending order number to request suppliers to fit vehicles with relevant extras.
- Coordinate the movement of drivers on site between suppliers, COF, Volvo branches and customers.
- Confirm ETA with suppliers to establish when fitment will take place and finally ensuring that vehicles are ready for delivery.
- To arrange the movement of parts with courier companies to ensure the timeous delivery at relevant dealers.
- Ensure relevant parts are available on site before trucks are scheduled for PDI.
- Daily movement of trucks as required by the schedule.
- Authorize re-fuelling of trucks between deliveries.
- To assist in the final invoicing of vehicles to customers on an ad hoc basis to ensure proper information flow.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification & Job Experience:
- Grade 12.
- 2-year experience in the motor industry.
Job Related Skills:
- Planning & Organisation.
- Project Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Understanding of Truck Market.
- Good Co-ordination Skills.
- Problem Solving.
- Time Management.
- Attention to Detail.
- A true team player with strong interpersonal skills – including excellent written and oral communication with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of management and colleagues.
- Highly competent with digital & IT tools, including Office 365 and Volvo Group related systems.
- Flexibility, energy and time management skills with the ability to deal with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written communication.
- Fair knowledge of the market and the customers.
- Work in accordance with the Volvo Group processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Group Values.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.