Sous Chef - ANEW Hotels & ResortsHospitalilty / Food Service Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Cape Town 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
ANEW Hotel Greenpoint is looking for a dynamic, Sous Chef. The individual will be responsible for the overall management of all food production areas (kitchens) within the hotel. The menu planning, control of stock, purchasing of goods, hygiene standards, practices, coordinating of staff and resources for efficient, well-prepared, and profitable service of food according to the required standards of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Successful individual must ensure, consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation and flavour for the dining rooms, banquets and other food facilities, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for achieving budgeted food cost of sales for the property.
- Maintain and control of all food procurement, goods receiving, storage, issuing, stock taking, stock analysis, waste control and stock security procedures.
- Contributes to ensuring that guest satisfaction is established and maintained by the employees.
- Contributes to maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Excellent knowledge of Opera with specific reference to Point of Sales.
- Culinary Certificate or Hospitality Management Diploma qualification will be an advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience within the hospitality industry in 4 star property.
- Must have at least 18 months of management or supervisory experience
- Must be standards and quality orientated
- Good knowledge of Food trends and inventory experience.
- High level of customer service, high level of numeracy skills, disciplined, organised, attention to detail, deadline driven, and cost control skills essential.
- Excellent Communication Skills in English and Isizulu and / or IsiXhosa will be advantage
- High degree of self-motivation and ambition
- Skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- Time management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.