Legal Advisor - NedbankLegal Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Cape Town 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To provide legal advise to business unit to mitigate risk to Nedbank.
•Build and sustain business relations to ensure satisfied internal and external stakeholders.
•Ensure continued satisfaction of stakeholders by meeting turnaround times for requests and identifying and addressing issues or concerns through the provision of risk advice.
•Optimise new product development policy execution by ensuring alignment between all stakeholders and relevant business processes.
•Manage stakeholder expectations by providing management information; risk analytics; insights and strategic motivation resulting in the optimal management of these risk disciplines.
•Participate in and provide advice to board; Executive Committee; Management Committee and sub committees on governance; regulatory; procedural and practice matters by attending; preparing and submitting papers; challenging and monitoring.
•Manage the relationship between Old Mutual and Nedbank Group to ensure alignment and embedding by Nedbank Group of Old Mutual policies and the Group Operating Manual.
•Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
•Research and provide training to staff on risk.
•Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. Green Strategy).
•Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
•Optimise the risk management performance of Nedbank Group by assisting business to identify; recommend (through reporting; insights and risk analytics) and execute risk management strategies within the Group's defined risk appetite.
•Provide risk advice to assist and enable business to achieve its risk objectives by developing ;managing and executing policies; procedures; practices of a risk nature.
•Provide strategic recommendations that are well supported through insights to relevant decision making body to improve risk management processes and practices.
•Manage risk by developing mandates for an effective risk management structure.
•Meet internal stakeholder requirements by providing governance; policy and advisory services.
•Report on the risk management process by generating and presenting risk reports.
•Ensure the requirements of risk; governance and compliance are addressed by embedding a risk culture within Nedbank.
•Provide advice by responding to ad hoc risk requests and queries.
•Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
•Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
•Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
•Enable skilling and required corrective action to take place by sharing knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interactionObtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Bachelor of Arts: Law , Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Type of Exposure
- Coaching and mentoring others
- Identifying business risks
- Making legal decisions
- Assessing legal compliance
- Drafting legal agreements; opinions; letters
- Managing legal risks
- Networking and building relationships
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with peers / subordinates / managers
Minimum Experience Level
2 - 4 years post articles experience
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business principles
- Business writing
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Nedbank culture and values
- Nedbank policies and procedures
- Nedbank vision and strategy
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Stakeholder management
- Management information and reporting principles, tools and mechanisms
- Decision Making
- Managing Work
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Continuous Learning
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.