Jobs In South Africa 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
HomeChoice is a leading omni-channel retailer, delighting our customers with an innovative range of curated products on personalized terms. Our aim is to provide multiple, convenient and easy retail shopping channels to guarantee that we meet all our customer expectations.
The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible to assist the Retail Financial Manager with providing the business with a sound system of performance management and to continuously optimise profit performance by providing the necessary decision-making framework and support.
Key Performance Areas
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting to enable effective commercial decision making by the business
- Ensure budget & forecast variances are analysed and recommendations are made to correct or improve company performance
- Assist the Retail Financial Manager with input into the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Ensure key pieces of analysis are performed on areas of risk or opportunity within the business and that the financial levers are understood and communicated to the business together with clear recommendations
- Continuously review strategic business initiatives to ensure that they meet the required profitability expectations
- Identify cost management opportunities (processes or expenses) for ensuring improved profitability and sustainable returns for the business
- Support business partners with their various ad hoc requests for required management reporting and analyses
- Play an effective role in the broader Finance team to ensure collaboration and communication between the functional areas
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications & Accreditations
- Relevant Financial qualification – BComm or similar
Experience & Skills
- Proven working knowledge and experience in developing and producing clear financial management information
- Experience in developing and interpreting financial models to define key profit drivers
- Extensive experience in analysing financial information and ability to make clear recommendations for improvement
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel
Attributes & Behaviours
- Analytical self-starter with decisive judgment and a strong commercial acumen
- High attention to detail in terms of accuracy, report presentation and standardized formatting
- A structured and well-organized individual who enjoys taking ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex matters both verbally and in writing at all levels
- Work well within a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Leadership potential with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Effectively make use of the latest decision support technologies & tools
- Keep Innovating – we have the courage to contribute new ideas and turn those ideas into reality.
- Think like an entrepreneur – we treat the business like it's our own.
- Keep it real – we are mindful of the impact of our words and actions.
- Raise the bar – we strive to deliver excellence in everything that we do.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.