Jobs In Cape Town 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The total management of the financial accounting portfolio i.r.o. revenue generation, general ledger, accounts payable, payroll accounting, fixed assets, Bank and cash deposits. In addition, reporting in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Practice, IFRS and guidelines as laid down by Transnet Group and the Companies Act, PFMA and other relevant Acts in order to ensure that all income and expenditure are accurately and timeously accounted for.
This, inter alia includes; accurate and timeous accounting/invoicing of revenue & effective management of collections from trade & lease debtors, accurate management over fixed assets accounting, financial analyses and modelling relating to Revenue and Expenditure, monitoring financial trends and provides typical advice to ensure Revenue realization and Expenditure within budgeting limits.
Improved Financial Management in order to facilitate timeous and effective decision making.
- Ensuring an Effective and efficient control environment by ensuring Critical Financial Reporting controls are implemented and are sustainable throughout the reporting period and by resolving Finance Issues identified through Location and other Audits.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Management and oversight of Accounts Payable; Salaries and Wages accounting, General Ledger and Fixed Assets.
- To manage, train and develop subordinates to ensure a competent and motivated workforce.
- To implement financial controls and measures to ensure data integrity and compliance in terms of IFRS/GAAP and Corporate Governance.
- Provide financial information to the management team (EXCO & OPCO) as a basis for policy/operations and decision making.
- Implement and monitor effective internal controls. Provide input on policy-making and performing tasks for interim and year-end purposes as required by head office and auditors. Implement Audit recommendations.
- Management and oversight of capital projects and operational statistics in terms of financial controls, procedures and policies.
- Review of accuracy of Statistics.
- Ensure completeness & accuracy of revenue accounting & invoicing.
- Ensure timeous resolution of clients’ queries.
- Monitoring of Collation process.
- Ensure timeous collection of amounts due from Trade & Lease Debtors.
- Compliance with CFRC’s and updating CSA’s.
- Review monthly General ledger reconciliations.
- Perform year end procedures and also perform ad hoc requests from HO & business units.
- Authorise payments as a cheque signatory ensuring valid, timeous and compliance with Corporate Governance.
- Support to Head Office in terms of projects or ad-hoc requests necessary for strategic decision making.
- Audit of KPI’s.
- Attending monthly Port OPCO meetings.
- Preparation and attending monthly Port Performance meetings with TPT and TFR.
- To provide typical financial analysis and modelling relating to the revenue and expenditure. Ensuring the validity and correctness of the financial information provided relating to:
- Account ageing (Revenue and Expenditure)
- Financial forecasts
- Debt management (Revenue)
- Wasteful expenditure (Expenditure)
- Comparisons to budget with complete reasons for under/over expenditure and over/under recovery of Revenue.
- Portfolio problems i.e. probabilities of overpayments, non-timeous payment of creditors probabilities of bad debts, recurring non-timeous payment of trade and lease debtors and implementation of procedures to minimise risk on these items
- Maximising the efficiency and productivity of the Expenditure and Revenue departments to ensure
The expenditure/Revenue function is fully supported in all areas
- Expert financial advice during the budgeting process as well as during the normal course of the job e.g.
- Ensure that different departments understand how to budget realistically
- Ensure that different departments understand the necessity to liaise with the Finance department in terms of collection of Revenue and to ensure timeous payment of Suppliers.
- Financial trend monitoring relating to Expenditure and Revenue collection and typical advice ensuring complete Revenue realization and that expenditure is within budgeting limits. Focus should be on current trend monitoring to ensure timeous minimisation of risk and implementation of preventative action.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Chartered Accountant (SA)
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in Finance field/environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Knowledge of relevant Labour Legislation and Tax Legislation;
- Sound knowledge of SAP (Financial Models);
- OSH ACT;
- Port Financial Systems and information technology;
- Ports legal and Regulatory environment;
- Microsoft Office Suite;
- Management Accounting principles including budgeting/forecasting;
- Financial reconciliation Team-working;
- Company business knowledge;
- Quality management;
- SAP (ERP);
- Cash-flow management;
- Best Business/Corporate Governance practices.
- Computer Literacy including SAP;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Report Writing skills;
- Communication skills;
- Financial acumen;
- Decision making;
- Change agent;
- Presentation skills;
- Consultation and facilitation skills;
- Analytical and diagnostic;
- Change management;
- Business process re-engineering;
- Reporting skills;
- Business writing.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.