Jobs In Johannesburg 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements that users engage with through their web browser when using a web application. The position will be supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers do.
Combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between UI design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Design and prototype web-based applications
- Develop new user-facing features
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Providing all developers and systems teams within the Group with support on DUI (Discovery UI Framework)
- Maintain and update DUI
- Contributing to the development and operationalization of the Front-end web design processes adopted by Digital Channels
- Contributing to the skills development curriculum for Front-end web designers in the chapter
- Mentoring and coaching of other Front-end web designers
- All technical front-end requirements and API integration for Discovery Design System
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML, CSS/SCSSS
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS (including mixins, maps and functions)
- Proficient understanding of Bootstrap
- Good knowledge of Flexbox and/or CSS Grid
- Basic knowledge/experience with Angular is advantageous
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Adobe and Figma is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Exposure/Experience to Gulp/Handlebars/GIT and code version controlling
- Git repository management (Bitbucket) knowledge would be advantageous.
- A solid understanding of responsive web design techniques
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Customer Service Orientation, Result Orientation, Negotiation skills
- Personal organisation and time management skills
- Professional Communication (written, verbal/presenting and listening)
- Ability to build relationships with people from all different backgrounds and at different job levels
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Education and Experience
- Matric/Grade 12
- Relevant web and application design/development qualification
- 3 years of working experience
- DevOps/Continuous integration
- Experience in UX and UI design
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.