Jobs In Johannesburg 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Fitters installs and maintains engineering equipment in first class working condition. Ensure efficient safe operation of machinery by repairing and adjusting equipment to within the allowable tolerances. All work carried out on premises must conform to legal and statutory and internal standards if more stringent in all areas of engineering, quality, and safety health & environment. Fault finding and attending to breakdowns. Complete the necessary administrative tasks for AMM, SHE, PMO`s. To be actively involved with new project installations and TPM.
A day in the life of a Fitter
- Carry out the planned maintenance required on plant.
- Incumbent has to be pro-active and prevent breakdowns on his/her patrols and shows initiative to continuously improve equipment performance.
- Install, service, repair and maintain existing and new equipment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Follow up and recommend actions to overcome and improve problems encountered
- Attend to mechanical faults and breakdowns in all areas of the factory.
- Analyzing, investigating, and eliminating re-current faults.
- Improve on functional maintenance, cleaning and reliability of equipment
- Manage minor projects and contractors in Industrial Services
- Plant knowledge and able to operate all industrial services equipment
- Repairs must be carried out quickly (first time right) and efficiently.
- Maintain high standard of work.
- Ensure machine reliability and availability for production targets to be met.
- Undertakes to work shift, standby and overtime as per company requirements.
- Lock out & permit procedure to be used at all times when any person could be exposed to danger.
- Ensure any dangerous conditions must be made safe immediately.
- To correct errors on drawings and update drawings.
- Complete the necessary administrative tasks for AMM, SHE, PMO`s.
- Actively involved in projects and TPM
- Interact with production people.
- Interact with suppliers.
- Interact with contractors.
What will make you successful
- Served Apprenticeship and qualified with a Trade Test Certificate.
- Matric and N3 qualifications essential
- Minimum of at least 2-3 years experience in the mechanical field after passing Fitter trade test
- Manufacturing and Industrial services background
- Computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint SAP and AMM).
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance practices.
- Preferably from Estcourt or surrounding areas
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.