Jobs In KwaZulu-Natal 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Kwa-Zulu Natal has an opportunity available for a Driver (Code 10) to join the team at their Distribution Centre in New Germany. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence, within the Dis-Chem Warehouse. Ensure efficient and accurate delivery of required goods to the correct customer in order and good condition.
- Ensure the right products get delivered to the right store/customer at the right time.
- Use the shortest and most efficient route to the delivery store and back to the warehouse.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an organized and efficient loading and offloading system.
- Adhere to store and/or warehouse loading and unloading policies and procedures.
- Verify all TU’s listed on the truck manifest are correctly and accurately offloaded at the store.
- Ensure that all collections/store returns/Inter-branches are correctly checked, signed for and returned to the Dispatch area.
- Return back to the warehouse immediately after delivery, so the vehicle can be utilized for a second or third delivery.
- Ensure the returns of empty pallets, totes and recyclable cardboard and plastic are accurately recorded and loaded.
- Ensure that the next store seal has been correctly applied as recorded on the truck manifest.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Be responsible for the fuel card and filling up with fuel – Fuel card only to be used for the vehicle which the card was allocated to.
- Ensure all DLS’s / trip sheets, presented to store management are correct and that they have been signed.
- Present a copy of each signed DLS/Truck manifest, to management after each day’s deliveries.
- Ensure all discrepancies and any issues regarding the delivery are accurately recorded on the DLS and co-signed.
- Offload the correct goods for the required store in such a manner as to prevent damages.
- Ensure that after completion of delivery the pallets left in the vehicle are secured by way of load lock rails or cargo nets to prevent damages to the stock.
- Be fully accountable for all damages and losses throughout the delivery process.
- Ensure at all times that the pallet jack is correctly secured.
- Ensure that the vehicle is never unattended during the delivery process.
- Ensure to act as a professional representative of the company and adhering to the company uniform policy.
- Responsible to keep the vehicle clean and washed.
- Inspect truck as per weekly vehicle check list for any defects and safe operational conditions daily. Report any concerns to the dispatch manager.
- Report on all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment. Complete incident report and hand to dispatch manager.
- Adhere to the road traffic rules and regulations as per the road traffic act.
- Be liable for any traffic fines allocated to the vehicle he/ she is driving.
- Be responsible for the excess of insurance if found guilty of negligence.
- Knowledge of Distribution Centre, logistics and supply chain operations.
- Have knowledge of the business measures and targets, directly related to own role.
- Read, write and speak.
- Communication skills.
- Trustworthy and honest.
- Time management
- Deadline driven
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Knowledge of Distribution Centre, logistics and supply chain operations. Have knowledge of the business measures and targets, directly related to own role.
- English - Read, write and speak.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Special conditions of employment:
- South African or valid work permit
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market-related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
- Code 10 Drivers licence and valid PDP
- 2 Years of relevant experience, in a Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- Supply-Chain or Logistics Degree or Diploma
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.